Empower yourself to create and edit your photographs to professional standards by learning Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is regarded as the industry standard photographic editing software favoured by photographers, graphic designers and people working in the creative industries. Now in its 26th year, it is a very sophisticated programme, however by learning just a few tools and tricks you will be able to transform your own photographs.
Hour 1 – Introduction to Photoshop:
- Overview of Photoshop workspace and tool palette
- Practice making and editing selections using various selection tools
- Experiment with tools like brush and gradient tool
- Practice cropping and resizing images to custom sizes
Hour 2 - Layers, colour correction & retouching
- Explore layers, layer masks and blending images
- Explore colour correction using adjustment layers including under/exposure, vibrance, brightness, contrast
- Explore special effects and filters
- Convert an image to Black & White and enhance using spot lighten (Dodge) and spot darkening (Burn) tools
Hour 3 - Retouching and restoration
- Use clone stamp tool to correct imperfections and remove unwanted objects
- Practice using various "healing "tools to remove skin blemishes.
- Reduce / enhance facial figures using Dodge / Burn tools, including teeth whitening and colour enhancing eyelash and eyebrows
- Explore the liquify tool to digitally reduce/expand areas of an image, e.g. make a person appear slimmer.
- Repair and fill missing areas of photographs using the Fill Content-aware tool.
- Learn the best way to sharpen your image
Hour 4 – Work with type. Intro to Adobe Bridge
- Explore working with type
- Create an Action (auto processing)
- Create a Contact Sheet (in Bridge)
- Batch rename photographs (In Bridge)
We will be working with samples files for some of the exercises, but you may wish to bring some of your own images to try out your new skills towards the end of the workshop. If there are specific skills you would like to acquire and are unsure as to whether they will be covered within the workshop please email me beforehand and I will make sure this topic is covered.
Course requirements: This workshop is suitable for anyone with basic PC or Mac skills who wishes to learn Photoshop from scratch or wants to improve their existing knowledge of the program. All students must be able to bring their own laptop (Mac or PC)*.
*We have a Laptop with Photoshop CS5 installed and available to loan for the duration of the workshop. Please email me prior to enrolment to confirm availability.
One to One training
If you are unable to attend this workshop or would prefer a one to one training session where we can focus on your individual learning needs, do contact us on 07944 267113 to discuss your requirements and arrange a suitable date. This can be arranged on a per hour basis.