San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Empower yourself to create and edit your photographs to professional standards by learning Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is regarded as the industry standard photographic editing software favoured by photographers, graphic designers and people working in the creative industries. Now in its 25th year, it is a very sophisticated programme, however by learning just a few tools and tricks you will be able to transform your own photographs.
Hour 1 – Introduction to Photoshop:
- Overview of Photoshop workspace and tool palette
- Practice making and editing selections using various selection tools
- Experiment with tools like brush and gradient tool
- Practice cropping and resizing images to custom sizes
Hour 2 - Layers, colour correction & retouching
- Explore layers, layer masks and blending images
- Explore colour correction using adjustment layers including under/exposure, vibrance, brightness, contrast
- Explore special effects and filters
- Convert an image to Black & White and enhance using spot lighten (Dodge) and spot darkening (Burn) tools
Hour 3 - Retouching and restoration
- Use clone stamp tool to correct imperfections and remove unwanted objects
- Practice using various "healing "tools to remove skin blemishes.
- Reduce / enhance facial figures using Dodge / Burn tools, including teeth whitening and colour enhancing eyelash and eyebrows
- Explore the liquify tool to digitally reduce/expand areas of an image, e.g. make a person appear slimmer.
- Repair and fill missing areas of photographs using the Fill Content-aware tool.
- Learn the best way to sharpen your image
Hour 4 – Work with type. Intro to Adobe Bridge
- Explore working with type
- Create an Action (auto processing)
- Create a Contact Sheet (in Bridge)
- Batch rename photographs (In Bridge)
Workshop prerequisites and preparation: This is an introductory course designed for first time and beginning Adobe Photoshop user. No prior experience is required. However good general computer skills will be necessary. All students must be able to bring their own laptop (Mac or PC)*.
*We have a Laptop with Photoshop CS5 installed and available to loan for the duration of the workshop. Please email me prior to enrolment to confirm availability.
We will be working with samples files for some of the exercises, but you may wish to bring some of your own images to try out your new skills towards the end of the workshop. If there are specific skills you would like to acquire and are unsure as to whether they will be covered within the workshop please email me beforehand and I will make sure this topic is covered.
You will need to come to the workshop with Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Elements installed on your laptop. You can download a free 30 day trial of Photoshop. However it is not necessary to have the latest version of Photoshop to attend this workshop or indeed carry out 99% of image editing. Adobe have now switched off their activation servers for Photoshop CS2 and it is now possible to download for free a perfectly safe and legal version of the software.
PLEASE NOTE: To cover the cost of room hire, this workshop will only run with a minimum of 2 people. We will email you should inadequate numbers be reached and offer you alternative dates. Why not enrol with a friend using the discount two for one offer to confirm the event ?
Save This Event
When & Where
PictureGenie workshops are run by Caroline Duffy & Tony Ellis. We offer digital photography and digital editing workshops in Central Cambridge. We currently offer
- Digital Photography for Beginners. This 3 hour workshop designed for the notice starting with the very basic use of their camera. It would also suit those who are keen photographers who want to move away from auto and improve their creative skiils. 2 hrs classroom based plus 1 hour location shot in local area. CLICK HERE to view workshop details.
- Image Editing (using Adobe Photoshop) for beginners. This 4 hour introduction to Photoshop will cover the basics of photo-editing, including cropping and resizing, colour correction, under/over exposure, make-overs, restoration, removing unwanted objects and imperfections, sharpening, special effects and montages.
- How to create stunning Photo books (and other photo gifts) for beginners. Do you have a computer full with digital photographs that you do not know what to do with or have the time to? In this 2 hour workshop you will learn how to turn your digital library into stunning personalised Photo Books and other great gift ideas.
Workshop sizes are small to ensure that each delegate receives the individual tuition necessary to master the aims and objectives of the session.
We also offer one2one training offering a bespoke session focusing on specific skills or a particular project you wish to carry out.