San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
CamJam afternoon session - 8th February
Please note: if you have already obtained tickets for the morning programming workshop, you do not need to obtain tickets for the afternoon as it is included in your ticket.
For our third Jam at the Institute of Astronomy, we've assembled a jam-packed programme for you (see below). We're holding a Show-and-Tell again and, of course, the Marketplace will be open for business.
The programme currently includes the following: (please note this is subject to change!)
- A presentation on AirPi - an air-quality monitoring station
- A presentation and demo of Minecraft on the Pi
- A presentation on building a .deb for WiringPi
- An introduction to a new portable power source for the Pi
- A workshop on setting up your Pi for the first time
- An Internet-of-Things demo/presentation
- A presentation of NodeRED and how to program with it on the Pi
- A talk on designing, building and programming a robot
- A presentation and working demo of a network monitor and analyser
- A hands-on workshop creating a server-client network chat application between two Pis.
Where is it?
We are fortunate to be holding the Jam at the Institute of Astronomy again. The Institute is on Madingley Road, Cambridge. The easiest way to find out exactly where that is is by using the map on the right hand side or by searching for the Institute on Google Maps.
Is there parking available?
Yes. There's lots of parking onsite. If you can't get parked (very unlikely) then the Madingley Road Park & Ride is only a 10 minute walk away.
What is "Show and Tell"?
Show and Tell is our demonstration area. We have a number of tables on which people are invited to bring their projects along to show them off and explain how they work. Only Raspberry Pi-related projects are allowed and it is vital that you contact us beforehand to book a table - space is limited and we wouldn't want anyone to bring anything and then not be able to show it.
What is the Marketplace?
The Marketplace is just what it sounds like - a place to buy all kinds of stuff for your Pi and electronics projects. We have a number of vendors who have attended for the past few Jams and you're sure to be able to find almost anything you might want - from Pis to cases and GPIO boards.
What refreshments are available?
Our caterer, Crazy Cow Catering, will be on-site to sell holt & cold sandwiches, drinks and snacks. There are also a couple of vending machines.
You've sold out - can I still get in?
If we have sold out, please add yourself to the Wait List. It's possible tickets will become available nearer to the date of the event. Joining the Wait List also means that you'll get sent details about live video streaming from the lecture theatre.
We require all attendees who are under 16 to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Who should I contact with any questions?