Cybercrime & Fraud Workshop
Cybercrime and fraud is one of the top risks facing law firms. Sophisticated fraudsters are targeting law firms to defraud money with the rapid increase in bogus law firms posing as a genuine firm and the use of voice phishing (vishing) scams to steal client money. Cyber-attacks in the form of malware and ransomware viruses grow more common by the day. All these attacks can cause huge damage and present a real danger to firms and their clients which can lead to a multitude of regulatory, reputational and business challenges.
This workshop explains some of the risks being faced and the latest threats. It will offer useful tips and everyday solutions to reduce the risk of being a victim of fraud and cybercrime. Increase your awareness to protect your clients and your business!
This workshop is for COFAs, COLPs, managing partners, solicitors, CEOs, heads of risk and operations, accounts and IT personnel, office managers, business/practice managers and directors working in a SME legal business.
The faceless enemy
- Introduction and latest statistics
- Why should you care about it
The threats faced
- Bogus law firms
- Virus, ransomware and malware attacks
- Email and internet
- Social Media and publically available information
Impact of an attack
- Your clients and client money
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Loss of data and data protection
What can be done?
- Bad habits
- Cyber security - Usability vs Protection
- Get the basics right!
- This course will not include constant technical jargon and phrases to confuse you! We speak in English.
- The threats will sound frightening but they are real so this workshop will inform you of the risks so you can feedback to your firms with ideas and raise awareness of the issues
- Survey by Willis insurance brokers states that 87% of surveyed firms with more than 100 partners highlighted cyber-attacks and fraud in their top 3 risks. Only 16% of firms with under 100 partners put this in their top 3 risks and the majority did not recognise it as a risk. Small firms in many ways can be susceptible to cyber-attacks due to smaller IT resources and the ability to enact preventative measures.
3 CPD points can be claimed.
Lunch is NOT provided on half day training days
At the Cybercrime and Fraud workshop in September, delegates gave the following feedback:
95.7% approval rating for Presentation
98.6% approval rating for Knowledge of Subject
100% would Recommend training to others
100% gave an overall approval rating of "Excellent"
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Substitutions may be made at any time before the event. Please note the person substituting the original attendee may be required to pay an additional fee if they are not eligible for any discount given to the orignal attendee, such as membership discount.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds given for cancellations and transfers must be in writing and will be subject to £35 handling charge per seminar booked. A full refund will be given for notice of 6 weeks or more, 50% for 3 weeks and no refund for less than 3 weeks. .
The ILFM accepts no responsibility or liability for any injury, illness or otherwise which may be attributable to the facilities or services provided at any venue. In the event of a cancellation by the ILFM, for whatever reason, liability will be limited to a refund of any course fee paid.
Please note that seminars are subject to cancellation if there are insufficient numbers.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For futher information, or to pay by BACS or cheque, please email email@example.com or contact the ILFM office on 020 8302 2867.
When & Where
The Institute of Legal Finance and Management
ILFM the UK's leading authority, membership body, qualification & training provider for legal finance, administration & practice management professionals.
NO DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD?
If you do not have access to a Credit or Debit Card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the office, 020 8302 2867, and we will assist you to make your booking.
Please note we do not charge an extra fee for Card bookings.