This half day event will cover:-
- Emotional Intelligence – Developing Resilience: Stop surviving and start thriving. We will discover practical ways to stay well and learn what it takes to develop resilience.
- Productivity – How to be a productivity Ninja: Worry less, achieve more, love what you do – productivity ninja style! We will cover How to stop email and the internet taking up your whole day, beating procrastination, how to replace lists with a more productive system, fighting distraction and confusion with purposeful structure and plan, manage your energy concentration and motivation in a sustainable way and the 9 characteristics of a Productivity Ninja.
- Mindfulness – Understand what mindfulness is and how it can be used to promote health and well being: The session will provide an introduction to mindfulness and will cover the history, neuroscience and practical applications of mindfulness as well as current developments.
- Emotional Intelligence: Nicola Rich – Stride Treglown. Nicola Rich has over 20 years experience in HR in the private sector. Nicola is a trained Counsellor and Certified Social + Emotional Intelligence Coach.
- Productivity: Lee Cottier – Think Productive. Lee Cottier had a first career in business development roles in the B2B sector then retrained as an adult education teacher in 2004. Lee joined Think Productive in 2010. With a passion for detail, personal organisation and getting things done, Lee is on a mission to revolutionise stuffy ‘time management’ courses.
- Mindfulness: Rebecca Wright and Sarah Lammin – Mindfulness Generation. Sarah Lammin first discovered Mindfulness Mediation 25 years ago. She has worked in informal and formal education for most of her career and is particularly interested in the benefits of mindfulness.
Rebecca Wright came across Mindfulness in 1989, studying and practicing in the South of France. She received The Five Mindfulness Trainings from a Vietnamese Zen Monk, and they have provided a strong foundation for her career
Venue: The event will be held at The University of Bath, Claverton, Bath, BA2 7AY. The building the event will be held in is "The Edge”and the event will be held in the Management Suite on the 1st Floor.
Please park in the East Car Park, in the visitors section. You must purchase a parking ticket, and display this. (Parking tickets are given out if you’re not in the Visitors parking section, and displaying a ticket). When you walk out of the car park turn left, and The Edge is the second building.
If you are travelling by bus, The Edge is diagonally opposite the Bus Terminal.
Professional photography and video production will be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.