Canoe + Bushcraft Course | Camp Weekends: Paddle Carving
Join us for an unforgettable long weekend of canoeing and bushcraft.
Learn how to carve your very own canoe paddle, then use it to paddle down the beautiful River Wye....
Steve and Kirsty of Axe & Paddle Bushcraft have joined forces with their good friends Aubrey & Clare of Want to Canoe? and Ollie Sandeman, a freelance canoe instructor and expert on all things River Wye, to create an incredible weekend that will combine canoeing with a comprehensive bushcraft course and camping in one of the most beautiful regions of the UK.
Limited spaces are available for this weekend adventure. This is because we want each and every one of you to get as much out of the experience as possible, which means lots of one-to-one tuition, guidance and the chance to soak up skills and knowledge that will stay with you long after you get home, as well as the opportunity to forge lasting friendships with like-minded and equally adventurous people!
Whether you’re highly-experienced or a complete newbie, our expert instructors – bushcraft and canoeing - will gladly cater for all abilities, allowing you to practice and build on existing skills or learn completely from scratch.
What's included in your weekend of outdoor adventure?
- Canoe and kit hire
- Canoe instructor and river guide
- Paddle Making course (including your finished, handmade paddle to take home)
- 3 nights camping under highest-quality, handmade canvas tarps and bivvies, made by Axe & Paddle Bushcraft
- 3 hearty, nutritious meals each day (made from local, organic produce and cooked over the campfire, including plenty of marshmallows for toasting!)
- As much campfire tea, coffee and mineral water as you need
- Oh, and of course the freshest air, the most breathtaking scenery and an abundance of diverse wildlife!
A bushcraft course with a difference...
We can promise that you will leave with an incredible sense of achievement, lasting memories and – not forgetting - your very own, hand-carved canoe paddle (and a great story behind it, as you tell your friends and family how you used it to navigate the famous River Wye...)
What you can expect during the trip:
Arrival and introductions
Trip to Glasbury and paddle back to camp
Campfire feast, made from local organic produce
Bed down for the night in your cosy canoe camp
- Hearty breakfast
- Axe Work course by the river
- Lunch on location
- Paddle Making course by the river
- Dinner back at camp
- A well-deserved night’s sleep back at base, in your canoe camp under the stars
- Campfire coffee and breakfast
- Paddle Making course continues
- Delicious lunch by the river
- Paddle Making course concludes with your finished canoe paddles
- Canoe Skills workshop - how to connect with your new paddle and the river, in preparation for tomorrow's journey
- Celebratory feast with some local craft ales
- Overnight canoe camp, learning essential base camp skills and traditional fire lighting
- Campfire breakfast
- Paddle to The Boat Inn, Whitney
- A well-earned, delicious pub lunch!
- Shuttle back to base
- Farewells and departures
We regret that this particular experience is not suitable for under 18s. If you'd like to arrange a similar experience with your child, please do get in touch as we have plenty on offer.
We look forward to meeting you!