Cardiac CT 3-day Hands-on (24-26 April 2017) Level 1 Course
Monday, 24 April 2017 at 09:00 - Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 17:00 (BST)
This 3-day intensive training course is comprised of
- Expert lectures
- 8 hours of hands-on handling Cardiac CT on your workstation
- 50-element in-course evaluation, which is scored to assess your learning
Designed for SpRs or consultants seeking BSCI Level 1 competence in Cardiac CT.
Group size is limited because you will individually analyse 50 scans. There are 16 hours of workstation time, with one workstation being operated by two trainees. Your responses will be scored. If successful you will obtain a certificate.
The didactic lectures cover the following:
- Technical principles of multi-slice CT and its application to imaging the heart
- Different gating techniques, their advantages and limitations
- Radiation dose inherent in cardiac CT as well as dose reduction strategies.
- Contrast kinetics, administration, contraindications and complications
- Cardiac anatomy and physiology as applicable to CT
- Techniques of image reconstruction and post-processing
- Techniques to minimize and reduce image artefacts
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Current indications and applications of cardiac CT
- Basics of cardiac CT interpretation
- Anatomy of the heart and thorax
The majority of the course is hands-on examination of CT images on an imaging workstation, under close consultant supervision. The intensive 3-day nature of this support and training means spaces are scarce, so early booking is advisable.
Should I wait until I get study leave permission before booking?
There are limited places on this intensive course. As these courses usually become fully registered many months in advance, to avoid disappointment it is advisable to secure the place while it is still available. You are subject to the below cancellation policy:
If your study leave is denied, a refund of 100% will be given if you notify the course organiser up to 8 weeks prior to the course. A refund of 50% will be given if you notify the course organiser up to 4 weeks prior to the course.
Therefore it is advisable to secure the place while it is still available.
What should I bring?
We ask you to bring a smartphone or tablet with direct mobile (i.e. non-Wifi-dependent) internet connectivity so that your participation in the evaluation session can be marked quickly and certificates issued promptly. Please silence your phone ringers.
How do I travel to the course?
The course is at South Kensington which can be reached:
By Air, from London Heathrow (45 minutes by Underground)
By Underground, at South Kensington Station
Accommodation is available at dozens of nearby hotels.
Why have I not received my certificate?
Please complete the course evaluation form. After doing so, please expect your certificate within one working week.
Do you offer other courses?
Please visit www.cardiology.training to book onto our specially-designed courses:
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiac MR