Cardiac MR 3-day Hands-on National Training Course 19-21 April 2017
Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 09:00 - Friday, 21 April 2017 at 17:00 (BST)
These 3 National Training Days are comprised of
- Expert lectures meeting Level 1 accreditation criteria
- Workstation hands-on review of cases
- In-course evaluation, which is scored to assess your learning
- Cardiology trainees seeking skills in Core Cardiac MRI
- Radiology trainees seeking an introduction to Cardiac MRI
Group size is limited because you will individually analyse 50 scans on a workstation. You will be in a pair of trainees who share a workstation for 16 hours of analysis. Your responses will be scored. If successful you will obtain a certificate which can be uploaded as evidence onto ePortfolio.
If you want to progress to higher levels you can make individual arrangements with one of the lecturers for further training.
The didactic lectures cover the following:
- Physics including image formation, imaging sequences and hardware components
- Cardiac anatomy and physiology as applicable to CMR
- Imaging of cardiac structure and tissue characterisation
- Imaging of function, mass and volumes
- Flow imaging, contrast enhancement and stress testing
- Practical scanning and interpretation tips
- Assessment of heart muscle disease
- Assessment of acute chest pain and shortness of breath
- Valves, masses and pericardium
- Incidental extracardiac findings
The majority of the course is hands-on examination of CMR images on an imaging workstation, under close supervision. The intensive 3-day nature of this support and training means spaces are scarce, so early booking is advisable.
Should I wait until I get study leave permission before booking?
There are limited places on this intensive course. As these courses usually become fully registered many months in advance, to avoid disappointment it is advisable to secure the place while it is still available. You are subject to the below cancellation policy:
If your study leave is denied, a refund of 100% will be given if you notify the course organiser up to 8 weeks prior to the course. A refund of 50% will be given if you notify the course organiser up to 4 weeks prior to the course.
Therefore it is advisable to secure the place while it is still available.
What should I bring?
We ask you to bring a smartphone or tablet with direct mobile (i.e. non-Wifi-dependent) internet connectivity so that your participation in the evaluation session can be marked quickly and certificates issued promptly. Please silence your phone ringers.
How do I travel to the course?
The training facility can be reached by air, rail, underground or car. Travel and accommodation options are given at
Why have I not received my certificate?
Please complete the course evaluation form. After doing so, please expect your certificate within one working week.
Do you offer other courses?
Please visit www.cardiology.training to book onto our specially-designed courses for SpRs:
- Nuclear Cardiology, including 50 cases
- Cardiac CT, including 50 cases