Join us for a day focused on ‘Improving Teaching and Learning’. Our free one day conference brings together experts in their field to provide you with tools and techniques to improve teaching and learning within your classroom.
Mike Hughes, author of The Magenta Principles, will provide the opening lecture focusing on tools to re-energise your teaching methods. As a highly acclaimed education trainer, author and teacher, Mike will discuss methods of engaging students, and how in return teachers can think on their feet, inspiring ideas of how to come up with a plan A, B and C for lessons, catering for every pupil’s ability, and inspiring more effective learning which can ultimately better prepare pupils for the challenges ahead within Higher Education. By re-thinking the link between better professional development and the quality of teaching, topics covered will also include:
• Developing professional capacity – the implications for CPD
• Observation that leads to improvement
• Tools for effective observation
• Focusing on things which make a difference – Improve the quality of questioning
• Planning for better questions
• Managing classroom dialogue
This year we are delighted to offer you a choice of workshops as well as a chance to explore some of our academic schools. The conference is an excellent opportunity for you to try your hand at something new, whilst learning about some of the great courses on offer here at Cardiff.
Additional sessions on the day will include:
• An insider’s guide to our new MMIs for Medicine which will provide you with advice on how best to help prepare your students.
• An opportunity to explore how you can create the researchers of the future.
• The key to successful UCAS applications by guest speaker, Matthew Welbourn.
• Cardiff Experience/Employability forum providing you with the chance to collect relevant literature and speak to current students.
You are welcome to pass this invitation on to colleagues whom you feel may benefit from one of our specialist tours.
Lunch will be provided for visiting teachers and careers advisers and there will be an opportunity to meet admissions tutors, collect course literature and speak to current students throughout the day.
Please note that places for this event are likely to be taken up very quickly and we will therefore operate a first-come first-served booking policy, especially with regards to the Academic School tours*. We therefore recommend that you book your place no later than 9th June 2017.
*Should the event be over-subscribed, each organisation will be limited to two places per school/college/ organisation
Would you like to sign up for our eNewsletter?
Founded in 1883, Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. We have over 300 courses that you can tailor to your ambitions & interests.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.