The mentor briefings are delivered prior to mentors meeting students in January 2017. This session will provide an introduction to mentoring as part of the Career Ready programme looking at benefits, overcoming challenges, the support available and the impact of mentoring.
By the end of the session, mentors will be able to:
• Understand how mentoring fits into the Career Ready programme
• Explain the benefits of mentoring
• Confirm whether mentoring is for them
• Have an understanding of the issues they may face and how to deal with them
• Know where they can access additional support