Earlier this month Tomas Chamorro- Premuzic wrote an article in HBR titled, “Strengths-Based Coaching can actually weaken you”. A number of practitioners (including our speaker), have challenged him hard! This session will give us the opportunity to explore this very topical subject.
These are some of the questions we will answer and areas we will explore together:
• What do we really understand by “working with strengths”?
• Why is the data around strengths based approaches so convincing, and why is it so hard to put it into practice?
• How can we best turn strengths into talent and talent into productivity?
• How can we use Strengths based psychometrics effectively to support colleagues to use their strengths productively?
• What’s the experience in the room, what good practice do we have that we can learn from?
• What about a “strengths based approach to life” and how is this relevant to a work focussed audience?
Do come along to explore and make discoveries with us!
Jill Garrett is Executive Director of Tentpeg Consulting; she is regarded as an authority on leadership development, team effectiveness, engagement and the effective use of individual and organisational strengths. She has experience on the boards of SMEs and third sector organisations. Jill’s work with leaders and senior teams has significantly helped to bring clarity of direction, renewed engagement and improved business results. Her passion is to improve organisational performance by enabling leaders to build cultures, strategies and processes which enable each person to commit to continuous improvement as a way of life at work.
Jill has been in senior leadership roles for over thirty years, Previously Jill has been European Managing Director of the Gallup Organisation, Senior Account Manager, Customer Services Director, Director of Leadership Development, a Secondary School Head teacher. She has designed a number of recruitment and strengths based talent development tools. The Inspirational Leadership Tool, developed in partnership with the Government’s Innovation Group has been widely used to help Leaders to optimise and apply their innate leadership strengths. She has worked globally to help organisations to raise engagement and productivity.
18:30 - arrival & refreshments
19:00 - welcome and start of presentation
20:30 - finish
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.