Careers in Investment Banking - recording
Saturday, 2 April 2016 at 13:00 - Sunday, 31 July 2016 at 16:00 (BST)
Recording of the Careers in Investment Banking run on the 1st April 2016 by Raj Sidhu.
Here's the descreption of the original webinar.
Industry focused webinars - Investment Banking
These webinars are designed to give an overview of different industries. Look at challenges of the current environment and hear some sector-specific employability tips and labour market information. Learn about routes into different sectors and how careers professionals can best support their students and clients.
Investment Banking – what you need to know as a careers practitioner will be presented by Raj Sidhu.
A practical approach to helping you get a better understanding of investment banking – and how best to help students wanting to get into the sector - led by a careers practitioner with 10 years recent experience in investment banking.
I will be talking about different ways of breaking into investment banking, and what it means to work in each department, as well as sharing my tips for helping students differentiate between investment banks – and crucially, how to show they fit in that environment. I will invite questions throughout, as well as posing some of my own – and sharing current labour market information.
This course is for: careers practitioners who want to develop their practice and offering to students wanting to get into investment banking.
This webinar will give you an understanding of:
- The different functions within an investment bank, what skills are required for each, typical paths in, and relative pay rates.
- Exactly how and why speculative applications can work for investment banks.
- How to show fit in investment banking recruitment.
- Plan Bs / different routes in.
- How to differentiate between investment banks from the application to interview stage.
- Entry points from specific disciplines including Law and Maths.
- Important commercial awareness and labour market information.
Careers Consultant at The Careers Group
10 years investment bank trading floor experience in the City of London, including derivative deal origination at the Royal Bank of Canada, working with financial derivatives at Deutsche Bank and co-managing WestLB’s response to regulatory change following the 2008 crisis.
LinkedIn Profile https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rajsidhu1