Careers in the Creative Industries - recording
Tuesday, 2 February 2016 at 17:00 - Saturday, 23 July 2016 at 20:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Recording of the Careers in the Creative Industries webinar run on the 25th January 2016 by Helen Kempster and Kathy Willimas
Here's the descreption of the original webinar.
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
• Which are the key sectors in the creative industries?
• What are the entry routes for graduates?
• How can graduates find jobs and source opportunities?
• What are the likely futures for the creative industries?
The session is aimed at careers and employability professionals who are delivering information, advice and guidance to students who are interested in working in the creative industries.
By the end of the course participants will have an understanding of the creative industries and the key skills required to work in these sectors.
This webinar will enable you to:
• Understanding the key sectors and major players in the creative industries.
• Understand entry routes into the industries for graduates, as well as job-hunting techniques and how to source opportunities.
• Understand the likely futures for the creative industries.
• Consider the skills needed for these sectors, such as flexibility, versatility and resilience.
Broaden your knowledge of relevant information to signpost clients to.
• Refine your understanding of the creative industries
• Develop your understanding of the sectors
• Refresh your knowledge of relevant information sources
• Understand how students and graduates can access careers in these sectors
• Training provided by experts from the field
Senior Careers Consultant, The Careers Group, University of London (based at Goldsmiths)
Careers Consultant, The Careers Group, University of London (based at St. Mary’s University Twickenham)