Actions and Detail Panel
CBT+ Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills in Schools - a 6 week course
Thu, 4 May 2017, 14:30 – Thu, 8 Jun 2017, 16:30 BST
A six week course - 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th May, 1st and 8th June - 14:30-16:30
CBT+ is a short Cognitive Beahvioural Therapy course for professionals and school staff to learn the basics of how to help children, young people and parents change their behaviour through changing the way they think.
The expected learning outcomes from the course are:
- To understand the main concepts of CBT
- To be able to understand how thoughts do influence behaviours through completion of CBT activities within the group
- To practice formulation (how to fully understand a psychological problem) and understand maintenance cycles (how the problem is fed)
- To understand behavioural experiments and how these could be used with clients to change mood
- To understand common core beliefs and how these can be influenced
- To learn ways of enhancing clients' self-esteem and resilience
"This training is a great way of learning CBT concepts, understanding thoughts and feelings and providing you with basic strategies to use when working with clients. I've really enjoyed it and it's enhanced my practice so much" Charlotte Liddard, Social Work Trainee
"The training was fun, well supported with relevant literature and I came away feeling like I could use the reousrces presented. The presenter also kept me engaged for the whole time" SENCo at a secondary school.