CCLDN Hell Of The North
Saturday, 16 August 2014 from 08:30 to 15:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ride Leaders: Justin, Gemma, Russel, Aleda
Meet at CCLDN 8:30 for a 9:00 depart.
Mixed terrain and challenging. * farm track/road/footpath/bridleway etc. which consists of potholes, loose paving, stones, rubble, and mud.
Pace averaging 15-17 mph.
Instagram and Twitter - @RaphaCycleClub #Rapha #CCLDN #SaturdayRide
-No fixed gear or tri bikes.
-Helmet use is compulsory .
THIS IS A SOCIAL CLUB RIDE, NOT A RACE.
- Club riding is about working together as a group, do not surge or pass the route leader at any time. The only exception to this rule is when climbing, always wait at the top for the group to catch up.
SIGNALLING AND ROAD HAZARDS.
- Always make the group aware of oncoming traffic or road hazards such as potholes and debris when necessary.
- It is important to hold your line with no sudden movements, always check if there’s room and signal to move out.
- If you’re not sure of the signalling conventions used in group riding, please ask the ride leaders before the ride departs.
- Under no circumstances should you cross wheels with the rider in front of you, this is dangerous and can cause accidents.
BIKE MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY.
key - All riders are responsible for their own well-being during the ride and should be prepared for situations such as adverse weather conditions, mechanical problems and flat tyres.
- Helmet use is compulsory.
- Lights must be fitted onto your bike if needed.
- You should have any basic tools you may require; we recommend inner tubes, pump, tyre levers and relevant allen keys.
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and clean, check brake pads and tyres for signs of wear.
- We recommend fitting mudguards.
T & C’s
The ride leaders reserve the right to refuse any rider onto the ride if their bike or riding style is a danger to the rider or group.
Rapha reserves the right to cancel the ride with no notice.
You are responsible for your own safety whilst on the ride, Rapha cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to equipment.
ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE RIDE LEADERS AND PLEASE ASK IF YOU’RE NOT SURE ABOUT ANYTHING.