LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE
The Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) is hosting a workshop to shape a new strategy and approach to representing non-household and household water consumers over the next three years (2017/18 to 2019/20).
The water industry is about to start on a new journey, with business and other non-household consumers in England having greater ability to choose their retail supplier.
Business customers will need support to answer their queries and fix problems when things go wrong. We want to understand your views on what more we need to do to support them in the new retail market.
The topics we want to discuss relate to:
- Non-household competition in England – Where should we target our support for non-household customers?
- Vulnerable consumers – How can the industry make services more inclusive? What groups of customer segments are not currently helped by the water industry?
- Consumers and water saving – What is CCWater’s role? How can we work collaboratively with companies and industry bodies/agencies to encourage water saving in the coming years?
Who should attend:
- Consumer representatives/associations
- Business customer associations and interest groups
- Customer service specialists
- Stakeholders in water retail and licensing
- Behavioural economics specialists
- Regional/local customer advice bodies
- Regional vulnerability and affordability groups
Register to reserve a space for your organisation now or e-mail PR@ccwater.org.uk by Friday 9 September, 2016.