Actions and Detail Panel
CDC Members Meeting 2nd November
Wed 2 November 2016, 11:00 – 16:00 GMT
This meeting is a chance for CDC members to get together, share information and discuss sector issues.
The themes of this meeting are:
- Working in partnerships with other organisations
- Evidencing impact and outcomes
In the face of huge funding cuts, we're all working in a challenging landscape and struggling to deliver services that make a difference to the lives of children and young people with SEND.
Many organisations are winning bids by joining forces with others, and this CDC Members Meeting will show you how you can do the same.
You will learn about:
- Demonstrating to potential funders the incredible impact that your work is having
- How to approach partner organisations and what to do when there are challenges along the way
- How to write effective case studies
For those of you who work with EHC plans, there will be a session all about top tips for writing a good plan.
You'll hear from:
- Laura Bond, Assistant Director of the SEND team at the Department for Education with Department updates.
- Denise Robertson of Riding for the Disabled who will tell us how she overcame challenges to successfully demonstrate outcomes from scratch.
- Carole Knowles from Core Assets will talk about her experience in forging partnerships between local authorities, parents carer forums and IAS Services to successfully deliver Independent Support across 22 local authority areas.
- Jacqui Shurlock from the Challenging Behaviour Foundation talking about working with CDC alongside family carers, Mencap and the PBS Academy to deliver the Early Intervention Project.
- Matthew Dodd from CDC will lead a talk and interactive sessions exploring what good ECHPs look like and will equip you with top tips on writing plans.
- Dame Christine Lenehan, Director of CDC, will have updates on the sector.
As usual, there will also be plenty of time for networking with fellow organisations.
Please note this meeting is for organisational members of CDC only.
If you have any queries about the meeting or if you would like to know more about CDC membership, please email Daphne Henderson-Figueroa on email@example.com