CELEBRATE: 5 week online course on creating & selling giftware
Friday, 3 July 2015 at 00:00 - Thursday, 6 August 2015 at 20:30 (BST)
DID YOU KNOW…
…that the UK giftware market is worth £20 billion?
…that a recent Crafts Council reports discovered that the number one reason to buy craft is ‘to buy a unique gift’?
Creative giftware is a major opportunity for designers and makers, both financially and creatively!
Creating giftware is about creating and selling so much more than 'just' a product … you are selling love, relationships and friendship!
In this 5-week online course Patricia van den Akker, the Director of The Design Trust will help you step-by-step to learn about how to create, market and launch your creative giftware successfully:
week 1: Getting started with your giftware collection
- What makes giftware different? What are the opportunities?
- What are the giftware trends and how do you find out?
- Getting to know your clients in more depth
- Why creating a collection is such a good idea
- Start to sketch out your giftware ideas
- How to create a collection that sells
week 2: Testing, positioning & pricing
- How to test the market so that you create giftware that people love to buy?
- How to position yourself in a crowded market and stand out from the crowd
- How to price your giftware so you make money & sell?
- What to do if your product is too expensive to sell (to retailers)?
Week 3: Branding
- How to name your collection
- How to make packaging work for you (without paying over the odds!)
- How to display, style and photograph your work to sell online and get into the press
- How to create visual price lists and (wholesale) brochures to approach retailers and sell confidently
- Create a branding action plan so that you are focused, and know exactly what to work on and when
Week 4: Marketing: How & where to sell
- Routes to market: where to sell your giftware: direct, online and or wholesale, an intro to each and how to get started and approach your potential clients (with intro email templates, detailed resources of online selling opportunities, trade shows, craft fairs and much more!)
- How to start selling corporate gifts, creative souvenirs and creative experiences.
- Create a marketing plan to help you step-by-step prioritise on what you need to do and when so that you won't be overwhelmed
Week 5: Launch your collection
- Why a launch is crucial to create the most impact (for you and your potential clients!)
- When is the best time to launch your collection?
- How to create a buzz around your launch
- How to use social media and the press successfully with your launch (with a social media calendar template and a series of email marketing templates to help you)
- How to create your launch plan (with a template) so that you make the most impact with the least stressful nights!
- What to do after the launch (crucial!)
The programme takes 5 weeks, with a new module being released each Friday (from 3 July), with several short video lessons, online in-depth presentations, Skype interviews and live Q&A sessions with UK giftware experts, weekly Q&A sessions, and loads of worksheets, templates and a handy resource list.
You will get weekly home work exercises and questions, and you will get professional feedback on these exercises from the tutor via the private online platform.
We will share examples of intro emails to send to retailers, fabulous product descriptions to improve your online sales, a detailed social media calendar to help you plan your launch, and much more.
This programme will be delivered and hosted by Patricia van den Akker, Director of The Design Trust who has worked with 1,000s of small creative businesses, especially designers and makers.
Other experts who will take part in this programme are:
- Cat Elliott, Senior Recruitment Manager of Not On The High Street will talk about creating & selling giftware online, including how to get selected by and sell with NOTHS (skype interview and a live Q&A webinar)
- Clare Yuille, indie shop owner and wholesale selling expert of the Indie Retail Academy will be talking about how to research, approach and sell to retailers (skype interview and a live Q&A webinar)
- Yeshen Venema, specialist product photographer will show you in a live webinar how to photograph your giftware to get more attention and sell more to your dream clients
- Sheena Kitchin, Craft Scotland Craft Tourism Manager will talk in a recorded skype interview on how to create giftware products and experiences that tourists and locals alike love to buy
- Natalie Lue of popular design-led baby and children's blog Bambinoo Goodies will share her top tips on how to promote children's giftware, and how to approach and work with blogs.
- Robin Cramer of the Flourish & Thrive Academy in the USA will talk on Skype how to sell jewellery as a gift and what to look out for when selling internationally (especially the USA).
- (more experts to be announced ...)
This course is aimed specifically at designers, makers, illustrators and other creatives who want to sell creative giftware and experiences. It's aimed at soletraders and small businesses who have got some experience of selling their products online, at events and maybe even trade shows, but who know that with some better planning and preparation, and more marketing know-how would do so much better!
Need accountability? This programme is perfect to learn step-by-step what you need to do and implement it into your business at the same time. Weekly homework and Q&A sessions with Patricia will help you to stay on track.
This course is perfectly timed to get you ready in advance of the busy Christmas season, with plenty of time to implement your marketing ideas before September!
Need flexibility? Do you want to have a bit more time to implement all your new ideas? Are you going away for part of this course? You will have access to this programme for 2 years and all the webinars and weekly Q&A sessions will be recorded, so you can watch them whenever you like. Again and again!
Have you got any questions? Just email me on email@example.com
14-days FULL GUARANTEE We offer you 14 days guarantee till Thursday 16 of July we offer a 100% refund if you contact us in writing by that date.
PLEASE NOTE We are looking for a max. of 30 committed individuals to take part in this programme, so book soon to avoid disappointment. The next time we will run this course will be in the Summer of 2016.
The Design Trust
The Design Trust is an online business school for designers and makers, and other creative freelancers and small business owners. We regularly provide online workshops and courses on a wide range of creative business topics.