San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Celebrating Personal Development
Over the past 9 months we have been working with 4 individuals to enable them to develop themselves, their leadership capability and develop the organisations they help to lead.
We are holding a celebration event to mark the journeys they have made and the impact it has had for them and their organisations.
The Afternoon will include an exhibition of poster displays created by the participants along with a 5 minute presentation from each person sharing their experience of the last 9 months.
Places are limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
I can't recommend the Creating Space For You course enough. If you are overwhelmed by juggling the many different aspects of leading a team at work, then this course and the mentoring received is an essential part of bringing in an ease that definitely does create more space for you.
If you are interested in either participating or enabling others (through sponsorship, funding or encouragement) in the next programme starting in early 2015 please come along to hear about the programme first-hand from the graduates of this our 2nd year programme.
Who is the programme for?
This Programme is for anyone interested in developing their leadership capability within the following settings - Local:
- Small business
- Social Enterprise
- Community or volunteer service based organisation ( including public sector)
The next leadership programme will:
- Run for 9 months and will offer high quality provision and the chance to work with like-minded individuals from different organisations and sectors facing similar challenges and sharing a common environment of operating conditions comprising local, national and global elements.
- Encourage and enable every participant to work on their own priorities.
- Provide a framework and a series of support activities; the application and real learning will be experienced back in the workplace.
- The topics and agenda will be tailored, prioritised and developed through feedback of participants as the programme progresses.
- Participants will be challenged, stimulated, supported and enabled to deliver the changes that they identify as necessary for them and their organisation.
- Participants will be asked to identify a specific area of work that they can develop as a project to use as a vehicle for applying their leadership skills over the time of the programme. This project needs to challenge the individual to operate beyond their normal boundaries, this may well mean a project that operates beyond the limits of their organisation and requires collaboration with different organisations, leaders, and sectors. Project may also be developed in conjunction with other participants of the programme.
In addition we will dedicate time to address topics such as:
- Developing self
- Developing emotional resilience
- Leading change
- Strategic business planning
- Developing communication skills
- Building relationships
- Developing people
- Effective negotiation skills
- Developing sales and marketing capability including networking and social media
When & Where
Creating Space For You (CIC)
Creating Space For You is a Community Interest Company, incorporated in November 2010, which delivers coaching, training and development. We decided to form a CIC (Community Interest Company) to reflect our socially rooted aims and objectives.
We passionately believe in the capability of organisations, individuals and communities to develop and progress. Our aim is to work with others to make this a reality.
We enable this by focussing on the following objectives.
· Design and deliver accredited and non-accredited training courses, coaching and development opportunities to organisations, individuals and communities
· Facilitate network meetings, partnership working and contribute skills to collaborative projects that benefit the community
· Offer advice and guidance and coaching to help individuals progress
· Involve volunteers in our work
· Adhere to our values in all we do