San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We're back delivering face to face workshops to help you pass your CeMAP exams. The time is right, the mortgage market is beginning to buzz and people are taking their CeMAP exams in hoards once again.
So we're back delivering training. We ran workshops from 2000 all the way until 2008 when the Great Credit Crunch all but distinguished the mortgage market. Since then we've been focussing our efforts on creating and marketing online home study material which have been phenomenally successful.
But some people still want face to face training and that's what we're providing now."I found the course not only helpful but also very enjoyable. Attending the course made the difference between a fail and a pass for me, so thank you. Keep up the good work." "Paul, just a short email to thank you for the excellent course you hosted this week. I am more confident about my ability regarding CeMAP and I have no doubts that this was due to me attending your course."
Click the video below to find out more on the mortgage industry and CeMAP
How does the Academy work?
Our CeMAP Academy is slightly different from the others you may have come across. We don't provide two week intensive courses, because we feel that cramming information in over a short period can seriously affect your health! Seriously, the CeMAP exams are best absorbed over a little time and besides, not everyone has the time to attend a long intensive course.
So we've pitched this course as a revision course i.e. you attend following a period of self study and can expect to cover off the more complex parts of the syllabus, be tested and be placed in a position of being ready to take the exam. Students often arrive with a shopping list of areas they want to go over, to ensure they understand because their self study didn't quite hit the mark.
To help in your self study endeavours, students that sign up for the face to face Academy will be emailed as part of their enrolment fee:
- Our MP3 audio collection totally almost 400 minutes of CeMAP listening
- Our 400 minute video collection covering huge amounts of the CeMAP syllabus
- eBooks of the Revision Guides to work through prior to attending
So let's summarise the benefits so far
- We're a professional training company who've provided public CeMAP training since 2000 and use only full time professional trainers
- No need to take two or three weeks off work to attend an intensive course which will fry your brain.
- We're totally independent of any lender or brokerage - we just train you
- We use our own unique CeMAP training material in addition to the IFS book. Since 2000 we've sold over 1000 sets of this material on our web site which shows you how popular it is. You receive a professionally bound Revision Guide and Active Learning Workbook for each exam.
- Our MP3 files are unique in the industry allowing you to learn whilst in the gym, driving the car, on the tube etc.
- We have over 400 hours of online video for you to consume allowing you to go over tricky areas and revise until you're happy.
- We practice modern accelerated learning methods which means more learning in less time and it's actually good fun too.
- Constant email access to your tutor.
- We have dates pre-booked in the diary so you know the course will run - just email us to check that we have spaces available
- The Academy is quite affordable and can be paid via credit card on line.
- The venue we use is rather smart
- We've got loads of testimonials from happy customers which we can share with you easily.
When are the Workshop Dates for 2013?
CeMAP 1 - Unit 1
CeMAP 1 - Unit 2
22nd and 23rd April
20th and 21st May
24th and 25th June
The exams can be taken on most days of the week at the Driving Theory Test Centres so you'll want to book an exam a few days after each event - you'll be ready then. You'll need to contact the Institute of Financial Services to register.“It was held in March at Bradford City football ground. I felt that you made a ‘dull’ subject
interesting and the learning was very creative and memorable. The CeMAP Bridge Revision Manual was excellent and a great assist for the exam. I would have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone.” “I am pleased to let you know that I took my CeMAP bridge today and passed with a merit - not bad for 10 days revision, and your guide helped me a lot - Thank you." “Having attended a training session held by yourself last month to coach us through the CeMAP paper, I took the exam yesterday and passed with merit) This is just a quick note to say thanks — the manual you provided was most helpful.”
Much of the content is geared around delegates needs and tailored by our highly experienced tutors, however, we do follow a plan.
CeMAP Unit 1 (Day 1)
- Delegate Introductions
- Financial Asset Classes i.e. investment products
- Main financial services products
CeMAP Unit 1 (Day 2)
- UK Taxation and Social Security
- Financial advice areas and the process of giving advice
CeMAP Unit 2 (Day 3)
- Financial Services and Markets Act and FSA
- Other non tax laws
- Regulating firms
- Conduct of Business Rules
- Money Laundering
- Complains and compensation
- Data Protection Act
CeMAP Unit 3, 4, 5 (Day 4)
- Property and Mortgage Law
- House Buying and Conveyancing Process
- Property Defects
- Factors affecting value
- Buying and selling fees and surveys
- Underwriting the applicant
- Common Mortgage Products
- Other Mortgage Products
CeMAP Unit 5 Con't, 6 and CeMAP® 3 (Day 5)
- Mortgage Repayment Methods and Protection
- CeMAP® 3 Case Study Dissection and Practise
- Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules (MCOB)
- Further Advance and other lending
- Arrears and Repossession
- CeMAP® 3 Case Study Practise
How much does it cost?
We're enrolling for £125 including VAT for each day
To make things easy for you we've worked out costings per day of each workshop so you can go easy on your budget. So if you only want to come on parts of the workshops you can. The investment is just £125 including VAT for each day.
This price includes all the pre-learning material emailed to you we talked about earlier - Bound Revision Guides, Active Learning Workbooks on the day, which makes it really good value for money.
On the workshop, everything from 9.15am to 4.45pm is covered for you - lunches, teas, coffees, etc.
And you'll also have constant email access to a tutor
“Paul – I know how important feedback is - so here it is, absolutely brilliant!!!!! One of the best courses I have attended and more importantly the way in which it was delivered was second to none - well done”“Hi Paul, just to let you know that I have now both passed CeMAP 2 & 3. Really enjoyed
courses and know for sure that they contributed towards my success. Thanks for your help, and hope that our paths may cross in the future.”
When & Where
Archer Training Ltd
Archer Training Ltd is a specialist training organisation focusing on sales, sales coaching and train the trainer. They are based near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and have been running public training courses for over 10 years in the Gloucestershire area.