CENSIS 3rd Technology Summit and Conference 2016
Sensing in the Connected World
From sensors in smartphones to ones that fit in your pocket or on your wrist, the growth in personal sensors is helping us to lead more active, healthier and interconnected lives. Even some of our normal routines are now transforming us into citizen scientists, helping us to understand how we, and the environment around us, can have an impact on each other’s health and wellbeing.
Distributed and networked systems are paving the way for the realisation of smart cities and communities and are transforming the productivity of businesses across a whole range of markets – from agriculture and manufacturing to subsea exploration and environmental monitoring.
So how far have we come and where are we going next?
View the full agenda and read more about the Speakers and Session Chairs.
About the Event
For our third annual summit, CENSIS looks at how sensor and imaging systems are being used in our increasingly connected ‘Internet of Things’ world to help deliver specific, real time information to help us better understand ourselves, our communities and our environment. Come along to this free event to:
- Hear from challenge providers in these spaces
- Get a picture of state-of-the-art academic research in the area and the ‘art of the possible’
- Understand how businesses are already delivering sensor and imaging solutions in this space.
Join us for a day of discussion, debate, networking and exhibitions to investigate the challenges and opportunities of the connected world. Our themes for this year are:
1. The Connected Self: This session will investigate the growth in personal sensing application areas – from clinical health to sports technologies and applications.
2. The Connected Community: Exploring how distributed sensor systems impact the world around us – from smart cities, the environment, pollution, traffic and transport.
3. The Connected Business: How sensor and imaging systems and IoT solutions are being developed to make companies smarter and more productive.
At the end of the day, a panel will convene to discuss topics and findings. Delegates will have the opportunity to submit questions throughout the day.
Demonstration and Technology Zone
Visit our Demo Zone and see what companies and universities in this space are working on. View the full list of exhibitors.
Sponsorship Opportunities: Some sponsorship opportunities are still left, contact CENSIS for more information.
Who Should Attend
The event will be of particular interest to:
- Companies and organisations of any size involved in sensor and imaging systems, covering all elements of the sensor systems stack.
- Companies or organisations that may need to use, or are interested in accessing, sensor and imaging systems technologies to improve or grow their business.
- Academic researchers and knowledge exchange/business development staff working in universities.