Central Venous Catheters Training
Thursday, 27 July 2017 from 13:30 to 15:30 (BST)
Registered Nurse, Assistnat Practitioner, Band 3 Healthcare Assistant and Allied Healthcare Professionals where essential to the job they perform
Aim and Outcomes
Aim: To ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively access and provide continuing care of patients with a central venous catheter or peripherally inserted central venous catheter.
On completion the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of associated anatomy and physiology
- Identify different devices and their indications for use
- Select correct equipment to perform the procedure
- Demonstrate safe and effective access of devices based on up to date evidence and policy
- Identify common complications and appropriate prevention and/ or management of these
- Explain own role in providing information for patients/ carers in promoting patient self-care
Booking Terms & Conditions:
- Your place will only be confirmed once The Christie receives payment or the production of an official purchase order (PO) to confirm that your trust are willing to pay your delegate fees.
- Once your place is confirmed, you will be sent a confirmation email informing you of your place. Bearing this in mind, please ensure that your email address is correct.
- Should you need directions to The Christie, they can be found: http://www.christie.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/visiting-the-christie/directions-and-transport/
- Payment should be made before the course commences. If this does not occur, we reserve the right to cancel a booking in the case of non-receipt of payment prior to the day of course.
- In the event of a cancellation, you or your employer will be charged the full fee if you do not inform the course organisers at least 5 working days before the event.
- There will be an administrative charge of £30 for all cancellations unless a replacement delegate is identified.
- It is the responsibility of the representative booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any access requirements.
- A list of nearby accommodation can be found via the following link: http://bit.ly/2hOQL4r