We are hugely excited for the away day and have some fantastic ideas in mind for bringing us all together and offering us the chance to discuss the vision for CDP.
Please see the aims for the day below:
• Share our perspectives about the Centre and build a common understanding of its endeavours
• Surface the connections already present and make new ones across the Centre
• Explore potential short/longer term goals, and the challenges and opportunities these create
• Explore ways of working together effectively
• Have some fun, create shared memories and achieve some worthwhile outputs
This is the agenda for the day:
9.15 Breakfast and Name badges
9.45 Welcome from the Directors of Centre and share plan for the day
10.00 Short and extended introductions
- exploring dementia research
- discovering connections old and new
- identifying potential themes
11.30 Visioning exercise
- Where do we want dementia research to be in 5 years’ time and what part could the Centre play?
1.15 Identifying challenges and opportunities for the Centre
1.45 What does this all mean for me?
2.30 How might we do it?
-Showcasing effective collaboration
3.30 Return to connections old and new
4.00 What next?
4.15 Wrap up
While we haven't planned for official dinner or an evening event then we can decide this nearer the time should we want to go on for drinks.
With best wishes
Prof Craig Ritchie - Clinical Domain
Prof Charlotte Clarke - Social Science Domain
Prof Jean Manson - Basic Science Domain