Actions and Detail Panel
Certified Agile Leadership ® Workshop (CAL1)
Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 09:00 – Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 17:00 BST
An Agile Workshop for Leaders
Today’s workplace is a fast-paced “race” on a complex and uncertain global field. Traditional leadership thinking and practices are failing to meet today’s challenges. Leader’s must more effectively engage employees, foster creativity, speed delivery and mitigate risk to outpace the competition. Innovation is the only competitive barrier remaining.
This Certified Agile Leadership Workshop is an interactive leadership-focused workshop building skills and competencies to effectively guide and grow agile leaders, coaches and their organizations to perform more effectively in this fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment. Leaders substantially influence an organization’s agility and effectiveness.
This workshop focuses on the leader’s own awareness and capacity to effectively guide and grow their organization’s capacity. It is the first step – the AHA! – in the leader’s journey toward improved performance and outcomes.
Agile Leadership Compass
Participants walk through a comprehensive view of Agile Leadership – first from the leader’s personal perspective in how agility impacts their thinking and behavior, then from an organizational perspective in how they can effectively align, guide and scale their organization’s agility.
The Agile Leadership Compass provides guidance for participants to explore the leadership dimensions during the workshop and as an aid in their practice following the workshop.
This workshop is designed for organizational leaders who are responsible for people designing, developing and delivering products and services for their customers. Regardless of your focus – product strategy, business development, research, marketing, design, development, quality, project management, technical operations or deployment – this workshop builds effectiveness in guiding teams towards delighting customers in a fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment.
Organizational leaders of all levels are encouraged to attend including senior executives, vice presidents, directors, functional managers, and process and program-level leaders.
Little learning comes from watching slides flash by on a screen. This workshop engages participants deeply in the content and context of the learning. Participants engage across multiple learning modes including instructor led, participant led, shared discussions, simulations, exercises, and self-reflective activities.
“This wasn’t training, it was an experience. We were never taught at, we were engaged in a learning experience in which we both participated and contributed. I have never been so engaged for two and a half days.”
– Workshop Participant
AGILE CONTEXT LEARNING
- Economic and market factors that have led to the rise of Agile approaches.
- Complexity and uncertainty of work and how that drives the need for an agile approach.
- Historical management trends and their fit with the business environments of their time.
- Increasing employee engagement and their focus on customers to improve satisfaction and outcomes.
AGILE LEADERSHIP LEARNING
- Leadership maturity & mindset shifts required to effectively lead in an agile context.
- Neuroscience Leadership development framework aligned with Agile thinking and driving effectiveness.
- Seeking and Incorporating feedback that improves your ability to inspect and adapt your own behavior.
- Catalyst Coaching approach which integrates alternative perspectives, engages others, and improves outcomes.
AGILE ORGANIZATION LEARNING
- Organizational challenges faced when undertaking Agile more broadly.
- Increasing safety, trust and collaboration between and across teams.
- Organizational cultures, structures and governance and how they relate impede or enhance agility.
- Case studies of organizations that effectively use Agile to run their business.
AGILE CHANGE MANAGEMENT LEARNING
- Organizations as complex adaptive systems where change is always present and dynamic leadership is required
- Organizational metrics which align to agile thinking, or impede it, and how they impact behaviors and results.
- Change management approaches aligned with ongoing change and organizational agility.
- Identify and reduce bottlenecks, impediments, and overall friction in an organization.
Pete Behrens is a Leadership Agility Coach focusing on leadership and organizational agility.
He provides guidance to senior executives on how to transform themselves and their companies to work more effectively with more agility. His leadership has enhanced agility across many organizations including Salesforce.com, GE Healthcare, Google, McKinsey & Company, and more.
Pete is a Certified Leadership Agility 360 Coach providing one-on-one assessment, development and guidance for increasing the agility of organizational leaders. Pete is a Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) and a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) working deeply with organizations to improve their organizational agility. He was the founder of the Scrum Alliance CEC Program.
Karim Harbott is one of only a handful of people globally to hold both the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) and Certified Enterprise Coach® (CEC) status. He is also a Certified LeSS Trainer®, SAFe Program Consultant®, Accredited Kanban Trainer®, and ICF Professional Certified Coach®.
He specialises in advising organisations on how to work with Agile at scale, business agility, leadership coaching and Scrum Master & Product Owner capability building. Karim is the former Head of Scaled Agile at global strategy consultancy McKinsey & Co.
Are there any prerequisites before attending the course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
What’s the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
Training Terms & Conditions
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 20 36089951
- Web: www.agilecentre.com