Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This is a combined Innovations Game workshop broken down into 2 one day courses:
14 Nov: Innovation Games for Agile Teams
Both courses can be attended independantly, if you wish to register for only one of these courses, please select the relevant link above.
Innovation Games® are serious games that can be used to deliver cost-effective market research for Agile teams and super-charge the product planning process. Based on the book of the same name by Luke Hohmann, Innovation Games® power innovation by enabling you to better understand your customers. Many of the practices and processes followed by agile teams are enhanced and improved through the integration of Innovation Games®.
Innovation Games for Agile Teams - This certification course will enable agile practitioners to put Innovation Games to use to identify customer requirements, improve retrospectives, prioritize backlogs, create better release plans and much more.
Day 1 Course Agenda:
Beginning with an overview of Innovation Games, you will learn how to:
- Identify customer requirements for an ideal product through Product Box
- Improve retrospectives with Speed Boat
- Prioritize your backlog through the online game Buy a Feature Online
- Plan a successful project through the game Remember the Future
- Develop better release plans with Prune the Product Tree
- Understand product usage with Me and My Shadow and Start Your Day
Innovation Games Master Class: Game Design for Multidimensional Collaboration - The one-day class is fast-paced and team-oriented. After instruction in game theory and design strategy, participants will get an opportunity to put the knowledge to practice, first using the Collaborative Game Design Canvas™ and Collaborative Game Design Cards™ to analyze an existing game, followed by instruction in new in-person games, and the opportunity to work together to adapt or create a new collaborative serious game. Expect to organize into small teams with your classmates, review the content, debate, design – and PLAY.
Day 2 Course Agenda:
Built around advanced techniques in collaboration, this unique class features:
- New in-person games, not available in any other class, such as
- Competitive Target, Missing Pieces, Level 3 Reflexes, Spark to Flame and Cockpit.
- Strategies for post-processing in-person and online game results.
- How to manage large numbers of items in Buy a Feature through tournaments and sampling.
- How to engage 100s to 1,000s of players through Buy a Feature Galas.
- Online facilitation strategies.
- Design strategies and processes for creating new games.
- How to navigate the complex space of multidimensional play.
Agile should be fun! And when you integrate the games described in this class into your Agile practice, it will be.
120 credits towards the Innovation Games Certified Collaboration Architect Belt (for more information click here)
Scrum Alliance: 15 Cat C SEUs
Who Should Attend:
- All members of Agile teams with a focus on product planning, product development and product management.
- Anyone who wishes to create more innovative product and service offerings.
This workshop will be Instructed by:
Jose Casal: Certified Collaboration Instructor, Organiser of Playcamp UK, London Lean Kanban Day & Chair of BCS Agile Specialist Group.
Jean-Paul Bayley: Certified Collaboration Instructor, Organiser of Playcamp UK
Cancellations & Refunds
A full refund will be issued if you cancel your registration at least 10 working days before the event start date. After this period, the following fees will be deducted from the booking fee.
5-10 working days’ notice: 50% of course fee
0-5 working days’ notice: 100% of course fee
Replacing delegates: this can be done at no extra cost
Postponing a booking to another date: this is free providing it is requested at least 10 working days before the event start date, in which case a 20% fee will be charged.
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this course if there are insufficient registrations. If this is the case, you will be notified 5 working days before the course start date. In this case, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund. We will not be responsible for any other costs incurred.