Actions and Detail Panel
Certified Kanban Management - KMP I + KMP II
Tue, 17 Oct 2017, 09:30 – Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 16:30 BST
This 4-day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
In the course, you will be involved in regular hands-on exercises and discussions that will focus on the daily operation of a Kanban system and how to extend the kanban system boundary and include multiple value streams.
You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve it over time.
You will learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban Management Professional syllabus. During the course, you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics
Day 1 & 2
Experience the key concepts listed below through using the getKanban simulation
Definition of Kanban
- Foundational Principles
- Core Practices
- The Kanban Lens
- The Kanban Values
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Little's Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- STATIK - Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analysing Demand and Capability
- Modelling Workflow
- Designing a Kanban System
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Ticket Designing Tickets
- Visual Boards Design
Day 3 & 4
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Scrumban case study Managing evolutionary change
On successful completion, you will
- Understand your demand sources and types
- Measure your system's capability in meeting your purpose
- Measure the impact of failure demand
- Visualise your current system
- Define explicit policies
- Identify areas for improvement
Describe Lean-Kanban approach to change
List Lean Kanban cadences
Define explicit policies
- Receive the Kanban Management Professional KMP designate from the Lean Kanban University
- Optionally, be listed on LKU as a member
This course is suitable for professionals across all industries who want to improve service delivery and deliver more often with higher quality. This course is relevant to everyone involved in services delivery and management. Including
- Delivery Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Designers
- Software Product Developers
- Delivery team members (Test specialist, Business Analysts, Administrators)
About the trainer - Nader Talai
Nader is an experienced business agility practitioner specialised in leading organisational transformations. He works with leadership teams, key stakeholders and delivery teams to implement focused and aligned improvements. Additionally, as a highly experienced Head of Department, Nader can relate to the challenges leaderships teams face with change and brings his experiences and skills to bear when coaching towards successful agile adoptions.
Nader is also seasoned trainer and communicator and has presented at London Limited WIP Society, Kanban Coaching Exchange and other conferences.
Lean Kanban University
This course has been accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU).
On successful completion, students taking an LKU accredited course will receive the certificate of completion, membership of Lean Kanban University (LKU) Listing in the LKU Member Directory.
Quotes from previous attendees
“I will now rollout the Kanban principles across the organisation.”
“Can this improve our current process – the answer is yes!”
“Excellent workshop, interactive and hands-on.”
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Value Glide reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend. In these circumstances, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event with a full refund. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience. Value Glide will not be responsible for any incurred costs.
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel your place more than 15 working days before the event. For cancellations with less than 15 working days before the event, we do not offer a refund, but you will be able to transfer your place.