This is a 2-day highly interactive workshop run over a weekend which covers how Lean Kanban helps teams, leaders and managers deliver more effectively.
This course guides you through the fundamentals of Lean Kanban and how you can apply Lean Kanban method in your organisation to understand your demand and visualise your workflow, bottlenecks and queues and how to continually evolve your system to significantly improve your service delivery.
You will learn techniques to help you create better reliability and predictability and be able to:
- Take an active role in your team’s adoption of Kanban
- Understand the day-to-day operation and maintenance of kanban systems
- Understand key concepts such as pull & commitment
- Effectively communicate and take an active role in resolving issues affecting flow of work
- Understand what measures are used for, which ones to use to understand how the team is working
- Understand your team’s capability (sources & types of demand, failure & value demand, completion time and rate for each demand type & source)
The course covers
- Lean Kanban principles
- Map your current system
- Type of work, frequency, variable size
- Identify your classes of service and demand
- Measure your current system capability
- Impact of work in process
- Transitioning to a pull based system
- Managing Flow
- Using measures to gain insight
- Evolutionary change
- Building a daily improvement cadence
On successful completion you will be able to
- Understand your demand sources and types
- Measure your system's capability in meeting your purpose
- Measure the impact of failure demand
- Visualise your current system
- Define explicit policies
- Identify areas for improvement
- Fulfil the Kanban Management Professional KMP I
This course is suitable for professionals across all industries who want to improve service delivery and deliver more often with higher quality. This course is relevant to everyone involved in services delivery and management. Including
- Delivery Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Designers
- Software Product Developers
- Delivery team members (Test specialist, Business Analysts, Administrators)
Lean Kanban University
This course has been accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU).
On successful completion, students taking an LKU accredited course will receive certificate of completion, membership of Lean Kanban University (LKU) Listing in the LKU Member Directory.
Quotes from previous attendees
“I will now rollout the Kanban principles across the organization.”
“Can this improve our current process – the answer is yes!”
“Excellent workshop, interactive and hands-on.”
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Value Glide reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend. In these circumstances, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event with full refund. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience. Value Glide will not be responsible for any incurred costs.
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel your place more than 15 working days before the event. For cancelations with less than 15 working days before the event we do not offer a refund, but you will be able to transfer your place.