Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP)
Monday, 21 November 2016 at 09:00 - Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 17:00 (CET)
LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) provides simple structural rules and guidelines on adopting Scrum in large development efforts and is also a framework for scaling Agile development across multiple teams. LeSS builds on Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional and self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying those at scale.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is a highly interactive, in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework, rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and continuously improving LeSS in your organisation using various thinking tools, organisational tools and action tools. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive Q&A sessions to ensure that the topics most of interest to the participants are investigated in detail.
What you will learn
In this highly interactive course, participants will get a thorough introduction to LeSS, a deep understanding of the underlying principles and the concrete practices to help them to implement LeSS in their own organisation.
– The History and Overview of LeSS
– LeSS Principles
– Organising by Customer Value
– Adoption in your Organisation
– What is Your Product?
– The Product Owner Role in LeSS
– Defining Done
– Product Backlog
– The role of Management
– The ScrumMaster Role in LeSS
– LeSS Sprint
– Product Backlog Refinement
– Sprint Planning
– Sprint Review & Retrospective
– Coordination & Integration
– Technical Excellence
– Working with multiple sites
There will also be multiple opportunities for participant-driven Q&A sessions to explore LeSS in your context.
What you will receive
– Three days of high-quality instruction from one of the most experienced LeSS trainers in the world,
– A detailed workbook and course materials,
– Certification as a Certified LeSS Practitioner®,
– An account on the less.works website which contains additional information about LeSS, course information and options to stay in contact with the other course participants,
– 24 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards your CSP® certification,
– A copy of the upcoming book Large-Scale Scrum; More with LeSS.
Who should attend
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for Project Managers, Development Managers and Product Owners — and anyone who is involved a large agile adoption — who already have basic Scrum knowledge.
Ideally attendees will have taken a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course, or be thoroughly familiar with Scrum introduction materials, such as the Scrum Guide. They should also have experience in practicing Scrum.
Attendance and active participation across the three days will result in the Certified LeSS Practitioner® designation. There is currently no examination.
Karim is an experienced enterprise Lean-Agile Coach, trainer and international speaker based in the UK. He has guided many large organisations through Agile transformations and helped them on their journey to continuous improvement in their product development capability. As a trained business and executive coach, Karim is well placed to build internal capabilities in an organisation; be it developing Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers or working at the C-level to help leaders make the changes necessary to enable large-scale collaboration and true business agility.
Karim is a Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach®, Certified LeSS Trainer®, SAFe Program Consultant®, Accredited Kanban Trainer®, and ICF Professional Certified Coach®.
When & Where
Agile Centre | Simon Roberts Agile Consulting