Actions and Detail Panel
Certified Scrum Master Course - 26th & 27th October 2016
Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 09:00 – Thu, 27 Oct 2016, 17:00 BST
A fully immersive, hands-on CSM workshop.
This two-day workshop is structured around the Scrum values, principles and practices, using a blend of lecture, interactive exercises, and participant dialog. There are no powerpoint slides; the focus is on learning through action, activity, and conversation, allowing the new ideas to take root, and have the potential to grow within each participant’s context. Scrum is not a formula to be memorised, but rather a journey to undertake.
Why Adventures With Agile?
We are proud to host one of the largest communities of Agile practitioners in the UK, supporting them through meetups, training courses and many other resources. We are committed to raising the quality of agile practice in our industry, and enhancing the skills of its practitioners. To this end we have created a CSM course, which doesn’t just give you a first-level Scrum certification, but is a commitment to your entire Agile journey. [Read more…]
What You Will Learn
Each student is taught to assume the responsibilities of a ScrumMaster.
By the end of the workshop participants will understand the Scrum framework well enough to return to work and take up the role of ScrumMaster, or to apply the principles and practices from any other role in the organization, e.g. developer, tester, manager, director. More specifically, participants will have the following skills:
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies: standups, planning, review and retrospectives;
- Be able to recognize organizational impediments that break the creative flow of a development team;
- Work with the product owner and/or customer on maximizing ROI and to meet their objectives using Scrum;
- Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment;
- Help the development team improve their engineering practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable.
Participants will also have sufficient information to easily pass the CSM test.
- Scrum Framework
- Scrum Values
- Scrum Principles
- When to use Scrum
- ScrumMaster as Facilitator
- Iterative/Incremental Development
- The Sprint
- Scrum Roles
- The Team
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Daily Scrum
- Scrum Artifacts
- Vision Statement
- Tracking boards
- Working Software
- Tools and Techniques
- Story Writing
- Backlog Management
- Definition of Done
- Burndown Charts
- Velocity Charts
- Scaling Scrum
- Participant Questions and Responses
What you will will receive:
- Electronic copy of all course materials.
- Access to the Scrum Alliance online exam.
- Certificate upon passing.
- Tasty lunch, teas, coffees and water throughout the day.
- 2 years Membership to the Scrum Alliance.
- 14 Category B Scrum Alliance Education Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP). Learn more about the CSP certification, please see here.
- For PMI PMPs, this course provides 14 Category B PDUs.
- Membership to the Adventures with Agile community and access to the best agile and lean meetups in London to help you on your agile journey for continuous improvement.
Your Trainer – Tobias Mayer
Tobias Mayer became a Scrum trainer and coach in 2005, among the first 25 trainers, worldwide, certified to teach Scrum by Ken Schwaber, its co-founder.
Skilled as a developer, tester and engineering manager, Tobias also has a background in publishing, theatre arts, and community service work. He skillfully blends this unusual mix of experiences when teaching Scrum, creating a lively and engaging experience..
Tobias is a regular speaker and keynoter at Agile conferences, and the author of the highly acclaimed, and somewhat controversial book, The People’s Scrum. He blogs regularly on LinkedIn, Medium and Business Craftsmanship, and is known as the creator and curator of AgileLib.Net, the world’s foremost collection of Agile resources.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum. The ScrumMaster role is the focus of the course – however it is suitable for team members or managers who would like an introduction to Scrum.