San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Scrum is an agile product development framework that is focussed on helping teams to produce successful products that genuinely meet the needs of their customers. While originally used for the development of software based products, Scrum can be, and has been, used for non-software projects, including for change management.
Scrum supports the introduction of lean and agile principles, with the goal of embracing change, improving quality and maximising return on investment. When used for a software development project, Scrum is most effective when accompanied by agile development practices such as test driven development and continuous integration.
The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is a highly interactive, in-depth course covering the values and principles of Agile, and the theory practices and rules of the Scrum framework. It provides essential information for adopting Scrum and continuously improving your organisation.
Participants who complete the course and pass an online test are awarded the title Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM).
What you will learn
In this highly interactive course, participants will get a thorough introduction to Agile & Scrum, the tools they need to get started with Scrum in their organisation, and preparation for passing the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) test.
– Introductions to Agile and Scrum
– The Scrum roles & responsibilities
– The Scrum Artefacts and how to manage them
– Sprints, how to run them and the Scrum events (meetings)
– How to enable self-organising Teams
– How to do the different levels of planning in Scrum
– Experience real Scrum in action
– Seperating the myths from the facts
– Useful hints and tips about using Scrum in the real world from instructor with 10+ years of experience
– Participant driven Q&A to explore Scrum in different contexts
What you will receive
– Two days of high-quality instruction from from an experienced and fully vetted Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST),
– A detailed workbook and course materials,
– Registration for the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) test,
– Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance and an account on the website which contains exclusive member features and content,
– 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards your Certified Scrum Professional® (CSP) status.
– Project Management Professionals® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum.The ScrumMaster role is the focus of the course – however it is suitable for team members or managers who would like an introduction to Scrum.
Attendance and active participation across the two days will result in the registration for the Certified ScrumMaster® exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, attendees will hold Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) status.
About Your Trainer:
This course will be trained by one of the below trainers:
Simon Roberts MBA is an experienced Scrum coach and Certified Scrum Trainer. He has been using Scrum and helping organisations to adopt Scrum since 2002 and using agile/lightweight methods since the end of the 1990s. He has in-depth experience in introducing and coaching Scrum in large, medium and small organisations. His recent experience includes working with large telcos, financial institutions (insurance and banking) and game development companies.
Karim is an experienced enterprise Lean-Agile Coach, trainer and international speaker based in the UK. He has guided many large organisations through Agile transformations and helped them on their journey to continuous improvement in their product development capability. As a trained business and executive coach, Karim is well placed to build internal capabilities in an organisation; be it developing Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers or working at the C-level to help leaders make the changes necessary to enable large-scale collaboration and true business agility.
Karim is one of only a handful of people globally to hold both the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) and Certified Enterprise Coach® (CEC) status. He is also a Certified LeSS Trainer®, SAFe Program Consultant®, Accredited Kanban Trainer®, and ICF Professional Certified Coach®.
Save This Event
When & Where
Agile Centre LLP