Actions and Detail Panel
CESW Dorset Club Event - Lighthouse Visit
Mon 17 October 2016, 16:30 – 18:00 BST
Some exciting changes are taking place at Lighthouse, Poole
Construction professionals are invited to join us to visit the current refurbishment project. David Roper from Stepnell, Chris Timlin of the SWEETT Group and the CEO of Lighthouse, Elspeth McBain will guide us through the spaces and explain the challenges and solutions implemented in this remarkable project. We'll then gather in the Lighthouse for refreshments.
In June 2016 work began on the final phase of a £5.3 million project to refresh the building for customers and artists which re-opens to the public mid- October with a phased programme which includes:
- A new central main entrance and refurbished main foyer.
- The Studio theatre completely transformed.
- Refurbishment of dressing rooms.
- New stage door and creation of the first green room.
- Upgraded functions rooms within the new Learning Suite.
- New plumbing throughout and new air cooling and humidity to the Concert Hall.
- Refurbished mechanical infrastructure to unique concert hall floor and platform.
Please ensure appropriate clothing including sturdy footwear (no open toed sandals or thin heels). Hi-vis jackets and hard hats will be provided.
Parking is available at the Dolphin Shopping Centre multi-storey over the road from Lighthouse and the level access car park directly opposite. Disabled parking is available directly outside Lighthouse.
Cost: Dorset Club Members free, Non Members £20 plus VAT
Bookings close: 3pm Friday 14th October