- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Overview of the chainsaw and maintenance equipment
- Maintaining the saw chain
- Maintaining the guide bar
- Power unit maintenance
- Starting the chainsaw and pre-cutting tests
- Cross-cutting timber and felled timber
You will need good physical and manual dexterity to attend this course. Chainsaws and personal protective equipment (PPE) is mandatory for this training and must be supplied by the trainee. Hire of some items may be possible. Enquire for details.
There will be an extra day required for your assessment, the cost of LANTRA and NPTC registration is included in the fee for this course.