Challenges of the Cross Border Charity
The impact of the shifting political environment in Scotland is making cross border working more complex and challenging, and is likely to have implications for both small and large third sector organisations working cross border.
Some of the challenges:
- How can the Scottish context be better articulated and understood?
- How might BREXIT impact in short/medium term?
- What might be the impact of a further Scottish Independence debate?
- How should organisations led from elsewhere best reflect the needs of those they are there to help and those who work for them?
- What organisational model best supports this landscape?
- How should organisations report to a UK board of trustees in a meaningful way on progress when work here impacts only a small proportion of total output?
- Can benefits of economy of scale achieved by centralising core functions lead to isolation and remoteness from regions/nations at distance from centre?
- What will be the impact of the new fundraising regulation be for organisations north of the border?
This seminar will examine these changing relationships and discuss how the essential formal and informal relationships with the UK operation and other key stakeholders should best be managed.
If you are involved in any form of cross border working this event is for you!
1050 ‘My Challenge of Cross Border Working’:
Rob Murray, Scotland Manager, Changing Faces
Jayne Stuart, previous Director, WEA Scotland
James Jopling, Executive Director for Scotland, Samaritans
Alastair Keatinge, Head of Charities, Lindsays & member of Scottish Governance Forum
1150 Panel Discussion - Chaired by Pat Armstrong, Chief Executive, ACOSVO
1210 Further discussion & Q&A
1235 Networking lunch
This event is open to third sector leaders (members and non-members of ACOSVO) of Scottish voluntary organisations.
Kindly hosted by Lindsays Solicitors
Save This Event
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more