CHALLENGING AND EXTENDING LEARNERS
When: 30th March, 9-3pm from 8.30 for refreshments
Where: Oldham EventsCentre, SportsDirect.com Park, off, Hilbre Ave, Royton, Oldham OL2 5BL
Trainer: Katharine Saunders
Target audience: primary Teachers
This course focuses on how to create a high challenge classroom and deeper learning for all pupils.
The training will address the following:
• The difference between surface and deep learning; exploring SOLO taxonomy as a planning tool for creating deeper learning challenges;
• Strategies to develop a strong growth mindset;
• Planning for deep questioning to expand thinking; increasing questioning by pupils;
• Examining a framework to help children understand and respond to challenge in learning;
• Practical examples of activities throughout in both English and mathematics tailored to KS1 and KS2.
The benefits of attending this course:
• Improved understanding of how to plan for deeper challenge and extend all learners;
• Knowledge of how to improve learners’ attitudes towards challenge in learning;
• Plan and use high quality questions to drive teaching and learning;
• Practical strategies and tools to use immediately in the classroom.
*All participants who can bring a laptop or tablet will receive an electronic folder containing course materials at the start of the course.