Access, Participation and the Mediatised World
In a world replete with media networks, content and services delivered through traditional and newer wired and wireless environments, the opportunities for access to, and participation in, media are seemingly proliferative. The accessible and inclusive nature of media is often emphasised and celebrated strongly by commercial players and governmental interests, as well as a considerable number of academic voices. Others, hailing from academia and civil society quarters, whilst recognising the accessibility and participative affordances of media also point to serious deficiencies.
This conference will be a platform for debate and discussion, asking critical questions that engage with a range of ideas and approaches.
Professor Christian Fuchs, University of Westminster, UK
Professor William Uricchio, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Access, participation and gender
- Access, participation, ethnicity and diversity
- Access and participatory approaches and experiences in television
- Access to, and participation in, social media environments
- Journalism (encompassing citizen journalism; literary journalism,
and journalism as a participative practice)
- Access to, and participation in, media and cultural policy processes
- Access to, and participation in, media education practice
- Participatory digital cultures and the Web
- Participatory approaches in film making
- Computer, videogames and participation
What is included in the £100 ticket price?
Ticket price includes entrance to the conference on Monday and Tuesday. Lunch will be provided on both days and there will be a drinks reception following the first day of the conference on Monday evening. Tea, coffee and cold drinks will also be provided at regular intervals during the conference.
Travel and accommodation
MediaCityUK is close to one of the most comprehensive transport infrastructures in the country, so getting there won't be a problem. Just follow the link here for more information.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact Helen Jones - email@example.com