BL Events has launched its Channel Islands Funds Forum for 2016.
Entitled 'Getting Heard Above The Noise', the event, which is in partnership with PwC, sponsored by Appleby, Hawksford and Optimus Group and supported by Altair, Puritas and Rossborough Professional Risks will take place on 28 September at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel in St Helier, from 9am-3.30pm. It will bring together speakers and delegates from the Channel Islands, the UK and Europe and will address some of the key issues facing the Funds sector right now, and those that are likely to arise in the near future.
The agenda for the day includes a variety of panel discussions and presentations on a range of thought-provoking issues including:
• A review of how the islands have performed in the preceding 12 months, including how they are keeping up with and benchmarking against their competitors
• Current trends in private equity, real estate and other funds sectors
• The state of play with AIFMD, FATCA, CRS, BEPS and other key regulatory and legislative issues
• Best practice in fund administration regarding risk management, compliance and anti-money laundering
• Where will funds business come from in the years ahead – both in terms of projects and global regions?
• Funds innovation – how are the islands innovating and making themselves easier places to do business?
• How do the islands move forward in the years ahead – taking into account EU passporting, attracting business and innovating?
Speakers already confirmed for the conference include:
• Mike Byrne, Partner, PwC Channel Islands
• Tom Cowsill, Head of Technical, Jersey Finance
• Mike Jones, Director, Policy, JFSC
• Fiona Le Poidevin, CEO, Channel Islands Securities Exchange
• Gurpreet Manku, Director of Technical & Regulatory Affairs, BVCA
• Ben Robins, Partner, Mourant Ozannes
• Jon Trigg, Head of Fund Services, Moore Management
• Dominic Wheatley, CEO, Guernsey Finance
• Peter Mills, Optimus Group
• Andrew Weaver, Partner, Appleby
Further speakers are in the process of being confirmed.
Delegate rate £395 (Plus GST if applicable)
Five hours of CPD are available.
Click here for further details and brochure: BL Events