Actions and Detail Panel
Chapter 2: S&M.... as in Soh & Marie
Wed 19 April 2017, 19:30 – 22:00 BST
Chapter 2: S&M .... as in Soh & Marie.
What a way to start a menu - being naughty and daring to challenge socially accepted norms about food.
Going back to Singapore earlier in January reconnected the "Soh" part of me with my family, culture, tradition and the original tastes of many home classics. It was an exercise of rebuilding my library of tastes and enriching my understanding of spices all over again. Ahhh ... the aroma where I stood in my mom's kitchen as she taught me to make Singapore chilli crab ... was pure bliss. The taste ... now that was ecstacy on a plate!!
Then the "Marie" part of me gets excited and desires to turn things on their head to recreate the dish in a different way. Straight away, 5 different ways of re-working Singapore chilli crab comes into mind and I am in another kind of bliss where I am working out various recipes, combinations and techniques in my head.
So it is with great pleasure to be able to present to you a collection of dishes that is SohMarie.
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have already!
MENU: to be uploaded
Tea | Vodka | Kalua
Traditional "Teh Tarik" Martini
Rice | Fish | Ginger
Rice Congee, sous vide fish with ginger
Crab | Sambal | Egg
Scotch eggs with crab and sambal sauce
Root vegetables | Bread | Snake beans
Root vegetable curry, roti paratha and snake beans chutney
Apple | Pork | Oat
Apple tart, "bak kwa" (pork jerky) and oat crumble
* Please note that the menu may contain nuts and other allergens.
* Please inform us in advance if you have any allergies/dietary requirements.
* Please inform us via email of any seating arrangements you may have made with other guests e.g. 'I would prefer to sit with my friends who have booked under A. Smith'.
* Please inform us via email if you would like to request the vegetarian option for your main course.
* We may substitute ingredients depending on their availability on the day