Actions and Detail Panel
CHELTENHAM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SPEED NETWORKING AT THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
Thu 6 April 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 BST
Chamber members often tell us that the reason they joined the chamber is to help them achieve their business growth goals. Whether you are a business looking for sales opportunities or a charity looking for support, speed networking is an effective way to identify a number of potential contacts in one evening.
Speed networking is for everyone! The only criteria for being good at speed networking are:
- A passion for your business.
- The ability to listen for 1 minute at a time. To maximise the benefits of your evening you could:
- Prepare and learn your ‘elevator pitch’, describing your business, product offering orrequirements in under 1 minute.Focus on ‘what’s in it for them’ and say something memorable!
- Practice your listening skills. Be open minded and read body language to really hear what the other person is saying.
- Think strategically. Look for potential opportunities that may be for the longer term or even an extension to your current business activities. - Take plenty of business cards, paper and pen. For speed, annotate the other person’s business card at the time with a quick comment about next steps (e.g. email info, call to discuss, meet or hold.) Add date and event to each card afterwards.
The Holiday Inn Express is our venue for the event. With complimentary wine and canapes provided by our hosts the evening promises to be both enjoyable and fruitful.
Book your place now for just £5.00. Non-members welcome £10.00.
For the smooth running of the event, we would be grateful if you could let us know in advance if you need to cancel.
We look forward to seeing you there.