Chickens are wonderful, amazing creatures - if you’re thinking about getting some, you probably know that already! But perhaps you would like to know a bit more before you take the plunge? Or are you a novice chicken-carer looking to build your knowledge and confidence? Look no further!
This great course covers all the basics, and will set you up with lots of vital information:
- Housing: Different types, pros and cons, space requirements
- Chicken Kit!: Things you’ll need to budget for when you set up
- Care needs: Chicken care on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Health: Checks to make, signs to look for
- Feed: How and what to feed your chickens
- Predators: Keeping your birds safe day and night
- Handling: “How to” practicals - handling live chickens.
Start time: All courses start at 10.30am
Duration: Approx: 2.5 hours, inc obligatory tea-break with cake-scoffing
Location: Calmer Creatures premises in Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT2 5QF
Numbers: Small group course: (up to 8 max) = early booking advised.
Age: This course is for 14+. If you are interested in family sessions with younger children, please get in touch, as this may be possible during the Easter Holidays if there is interest (a great time to get your chooks too!).
Email: You will need to supply an email address when booking, as nothing is sent by post (unless you have ordered a gift certificate
Questions?: Please call Siobhan on 07714 731929 if you need more info or go to www.calmercreatures.co.uk