Child Protection Information Sharing - Testing the new system & Preview
Tuesday, 25 April 2017 from 09:30 to 11:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We would like to invite Practice Managers & Team Managers to come and test the new Child Protection Information Sharing System (CP-IS) which will soon be going live. These sessions are on a drop in basis so you can attend for the time you have available within each session. This will give you the opportunity to both test the system and preview prior to Go Live.
You will need to ensure that you bring your Tablet/Laptop with you fully charged.
The Child Protection – Information Sharing project is an NHS England initiative that, when implemented, will help to deliver the Department of Health policy “Making sure health and social care services work together”.
CP-IS focuses on improving the protection of children who have previously been identified as vulnerable by social services when they visit emergency departments, walk-in centres, out of hours GPs, minor injuries units, paediatric wards, maternity units or ambulance services.
The project will link the IT systems of NHS unscheduled care to those used by social care child protection teams using the NHS Number, so that information can be shared about three specific categories of child:
- Those with a Child Protection Plan
- Those classed as Looked After
- Any pregnant woman whose unborn child has a Pre-Birth Protection Plan.
The information shared by social care will include:
- NHS Number
- Local Authority Name
- Local Authority Code
- Local Authority Emergency Duty Team Telephone Number
- Local Authority Office Hours Telephone Number
- Child Protection Plan Start Date
- Child Protection Plan End Date
- Looked After Child Start Date
- Looked After Child End Date
- Unborn Child Protection Plan Start Date
- Unborn Child Protection Plan End Date.
There is free parking in the multi storey car park.