Actions and Detail Panel
Child Sexual Exploitation: Recognising, Responding & Reporting
Mon 14 November 2016, 09:00 – 16:30 GMT
Who is it for?
This free training is for all volunteers or voluntary sector practitioners who are currently working with children and young people in charities, not-for-profit organisations or community groups in Derby or Derbyshire.
What is covered?
- Definition of child sexual exploitation
- Myths and stereotypes relating to victims and perpetrators
- Models of CSE and how young people are groomed
- The issue of consent
- Law and legislation relating to CSE
- The link between missing and CSE
- The impact of CSE on victims
- How to identify risk indicators and vulnerabilities
- Best practice advice on supporting young people
- Reporting concerns including referrals and thresholds
- How to share information between agencies
- Resources that can be used with young people
Delegates are kindly asked to bring their own lunch with them on the day.
1) We are only able to accept a maximum of three delegates from a single organisation across the four free training courses taking place in Derby, Swadlincote and Chesterfield.
2) This training has previously run in Derby and Derbyshire in Winter 2015 - if you have previously been on this training, there is no need for you to book again. However, please feel free to pass on the invite to others in your organisation.
3) We are running this training in Derby, Swadlincote and Chesterfield between November 2016 - May 2017 so please see our other events on Eventbrite if you'd rather book in a different location or on a different date.
4) Please do NOT book on this course if you work in any sector other than the voluntary sector. All those working for NHS, Police, Local Authorities, Residential Care and Education sectors for example, are advised to book on our open courses which are available to all. Please find more information here: http://safeandsoundgroup.org.uk/open-cse-training-programme/
5) We reserve the right to refuse places to any that do not fit into the above criteria for the free training.