Actions and Detail Panel
Childcare Innovation Programme 2017
Mon, 3 Apr 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 20 Jul 2017, 16:00 BST
Only 20 programme places London-wide.
This remarkable 4-week childcare service innovation programme is designed to help you achieve in a matter of weeks, what might otherwise take you months or years - via an innovation framework - to improve your childcare environment based on best practice from around England, be more inclusive to children with SEND, better communicate and market your service to your commuity and create a plan to continuously improve what you offer and fund new ideas.
Childcare Innovation Programme 2017 brings together 10 years of trusted experience and expertise from working with more than 200 schools and childcare settings, and learning from leading on 3 Department for Education national childcare programmes into a number of outcomes for childcare service managers or leads. And delivered on-site at your location. Providing fascinating insights, tools, strategies and real-world examples to introduce innovative ideas to your childcare service, design a more inclusive model for children with SEND and better engage parents and your community. A learning and understanding that will remain with you for life.
1. Improved environment and activities - discover fascinating ways to improve your setting based on some of the most innovative ideas from other childcare settings around the England.
2. More inclusive for children with SEND - learn some of the most innovative best practice to create a more inclusive childcare environment for children with SEND and families from different backgrounds.
3. Better marketing to parents and your community - understand creative ways to communicate your ethos, values and mission, and better engage with parents and your community, both on-site and online.
4. A new funding framework - own a tried and tested framework to continuously improve your activities and serivces and create new ideas for engaging funders to access future funding.
How it works...
1. Simply register your place.
2. You will then receive your programme joining instructions by email and with a follow up phone call welcoming you to discuss your choice of on-site meeting dates, days and times, and a little more about what you want to get out of the programme.
3. We then meet twice for 60-90 minutes, over a four-week period, anytime between April and June 2017 on-site at your location, with addtional remote support and small tasks to complete in-between to support you through achieving your programme outcomes.
Anthony David King is a British innovator and educator with more than 10 years experience working with nearly 200 schools across England. Developing innovative education ventures and programmes for the Departnemt for Education, and delivering training to teachers across the country. He now works with education startups, charities and funders to develop innovative education ventures and programmes across Britain.
This experience includes being Head of Extended Schools for Westminster, overseeing the development of projects and programmes across 56 schools. Also the London and South of England lead on the Department For Education's Childcare in Schools development programme, and SEND and Inclusion Programme. And helping to launch the first education focused Startup Weekend in London. Bringing together 75 entrepreneurs, educators and technology experts to develop new education-technology start-ups in just 54 hours, to address big challenges in education across Britain.
Anthony is also a member of the education faculty at Canterbury Christ Church University where he advises education ventures on quality in innovation.
Who should register?
This programme is for childcare service managers or leads only.
Why is it delivered on-site?
The on-site meeting model of learning and development saves you taking a day away from work, and is also the best way to support you with applying your programme outcomes directly to your setting.
What others said
"A hugely insightful programme."
"Probably one of the best programmes I have ever done."
Send an email or phone 0795 687 9363