Actions and Detail Panel
Childcare Works 30hours LED Special - Newcastle
Mon 5 December 2016, 12:30 – 16:30 GMT
Childcare Works 30-hours special: Learn, Explore, Debate Event
Childcare Works has created a special programme of LED events for providers focusing on 30-hours.
The events will be delivered in partnership with the Foundation Years Team at Action for Children.
The audience for these events is all types of early years and childcare providers including chains, children’s centres, schools, childminders and local authority officers working with providers, business support officers, and partner roles in other organisations.
Aims and objectives:
- Learn 10 useful steps to support your planning for the extended entitlement
- Explore the policy, the entitlement and flexibility in the suggested delivery model
- Debate and discuss the opportunities and challenges in the extended entitlement
- Explore business models, tools and techniques which will support your planning and long term sustainability
- Learn from how flexibility and the extended hours are being offered now
- Debate and discuss your initial thinking
- Learn information to help develop your implementation plan
Times: 12.30 for 12.45 start
12.45 Welcome, introductions and aims of the session
12.55 Childcare Works - who, what, when and how?
13.25 Setting the scene – a business opportunity to change, or grow and ensure future sustainability
14.00 DfE update
14.45 Getting ready – 10 steps – an overview of the 10 steps providers should/could take to ensure plans are sustainable and workable for families and the provider alike (Programme Adviser)
15.30 What model will work for you? What would be helpful?
Table discussion question activity – facilitated feedback from tables
16.20 Summary and recap on how Childcare Works can help
16.30 Evaluation and close