ChildHope’s new series of 8 seminars provides a space for organisations to share best practice, discuss challenges and explore innovative approaches for protecting children who are often over-looked.
The next seminar takes place on Tuesday, 29th November.
12.30 - 13.30 Seminar presentation: Expert practitioners and academics will provide an overview of theories, methodologies and best practice. Wherever possible, practitioners from the Global South will participate via video link to provide case study examples.
13.30 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 15.00 Facilitated Discussion: Participants will have the opportunity to explore the issues in more depth, to raise questions and to discuss how the learning can be applied to practice
The seminars will be delivered monthly from October 2016 to June 2017. The topics include:
- Engaging parents in order to protect children in violent families
- Protecting children with disabilities
- Engaging and protecting children in gangs
- Understanding ‘mental health’ and its implications for protecting children
- Substance misuse amongst children and how to reduce harm
- Engaging donors in protecting hard to reach children
Up to two additional seminars will be added based on the priorities and requests of participants.
Dates of each seminar will be confirmed a month in advance, we will email participants to confirm dates.