To provide a depth of understanding of the needs of bereaved children and young people with learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorders and the skills required to provide appropriate support
• to gain an understanding of the perception of death for a child or a young person with learning
difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• to gain an understanding of theories of loss and mourning in relation to children or young people with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• to develop greater confidence in providing support and communication about death with children or
young people with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• to identify the importance of, and gain skills in, helping children with learning difficulties and Autistic
Spectrum Disorders find ways to express themselves and their feelings
• to identify awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support
ourselves, and our colleagues
• to gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other similar support organisations and
Who Should Attend?
For all professionals who come into contact with bereaved children & young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector
"I found the practical activities and ideas on how to deal with terminology/use correct language very useful. The group work stimulated a lot of discussion.”
Fee Information (Fees for participants include course materials, CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch) - £120
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.