This weekend modular training, is registered with the Yoga Alliance (RCYT-95 Hours). We provide all the tools, techniques and inspiration that teachers will need to develop their own individual, creative lessons to share with children of all ages and abilities. We are focused on providing a holistic environment for children, combining elements of musical mantras, interactive story-telling, art, nature, movement and dance, group discussions and play to explore the principles and practices of yoga and mindfulness.
Our approach incorporates elements of the educational philosophies of Reggio Emilia’s Hundred Languages of Children and Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences because we understand, value and support each child’s individual learning style. Furthermore, our approach regards the environment as a key component of the education process, therefore, we place emphasis on providing a safe, nurturing, holistic environment in which we give children time and space to explore yoga and mindfulness.
We have a maximum of 18 students on each of our trainings to enable full support and attention for each individual.
Yoga for Teens 3-4th September
Yga for the Early Years 10-11th September
Yoga for Tweens 17-18th September
Yoga& the Arts 1st-2nd October
Yoga & Play Therapy for
Children with Special Needs 8-9th October
You can join just one or two modules of interest to you, or join all five modules to recieve Registered Children's Yoga Teacher Certification.
Through interactive, experiential activities and practice teaching time, we will explore:
* Techniques and activities to introduce asana, breath-work and meditation to children aged 3-18 years old
* Partner and group yoga fun for all ages
* Combining Educational Philosophy and teaching methodology with Yoga
* Introducing yoga philosophy and practices to children of all ages, including the Chakra System, Yama and Niyama, the 4 Paths of Yoga
* Meditation & Visualisation techniques for each age group
* Creative Mindfulness activities and techniques
* Therapeutic yoga techniques for children with Special Needs
*Understanding Autism, ADHD, Sensory Disorders, communication difficulties and social-emotional difficulties and how to effectively use yoga for each of these SEN.
* Incorporating art, music, dance and nature into children’s yoga
* Hindu Mythology for Tweens & Teens
* Interactive story-telling and yoga journeys for all age groups
* Incorporating art, music and dance with yoga
* Mandala Art Meditations for all age groups
* Yoga for children with English as an additional language
* Behaviour managment in the yoga class
* Positive & Empathetic language skills
Our typical daily schedule will be as follows:
8am Morning yoga class (optional)
9-12.30pm Workshops, theory and practice