Actions and Detail Panel
China Ready Tourism Innovation Workshop
Wed 30 November 2016, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
Chinese tourists are the largest, highest spending visitor market ever!
• The Chinese market now ranked in the top 10 for inbound visitors
• Inbound tourism to the UK will more than double by 2020
• Last year in Edinburgh, Chinese inbound visits increased by 45%
Have you thought about what it means for your business? How can your business maximise the opportunity offered by this rapidly growing market?
The Innovation Workshop will provide you with the information & insights and tools & techniques that can help you identify new products and services that your business can develop to appeal to this new market, and sometimes challenging, market.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To develop a greater awareness and understanding of the China visitor market in Edinburgh
- To explore the visitors’ profiles and their expectations – both group and FIT travel market
- To encourage businesses to create new China focussed services and products
- To develop a greater understanding of options for marketing new services
- To explore opportunities for collaboration
What to expect on the day:
- Hand’s on activities to help you develop and explore the market
- Creative techniques to help you develop opportunities for innovation and collaboration
- Presentations on China Ready activity and new social media opportunities
Who should attend?
Representatives of tourism businesses who are already attracting Chinese visitors or hope to do so in the future will find this workshop useful.
For further information about the Chinese market, please visit the ETAG website