San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Scottish-born but now "squatting in Northern England", singersongwriter Chris Selman and a select few of his bandmates are looking forwards to crossing the Pennines to bring us an acoustic set of old and new material.
In 2011 Chris released his first full band album with 'All or Nothing'; popular with his fans and critics alike, the single 'Glorious' was named by BBC Leeds' Alan Raw as one of his 'songs of 2011' while second single 'Modern Romance' earned Chris his first national airplay. BBC 6Music's Tom Robinson gave the track a spin on his 'Introducing' show describing it as 'highly entertaining, enjoyable retropop... very good music'.
So far in 2012 Chris has once again received national airplay with dedicated new music station Amazing Radio giving 'Glorious' a spin on their St. Patrick's Day themed show, it's folky-lilt making it a 'perfect song' for the celebration of that day. Chris also performed his second BBC Introducing live session, playing three brand new songs and 'Glorious' for BBC Leeds on March 29th. 'Modern Romance' was also once again championed by Tom Robinson, who this time put it on the 27-strong longlist of his 'Fresh Faves' and asked his listeners to choose their favourites. Sure enough the track was publicly voted into the top 10 and was featured on Tom's homepage, racking up a thousand plays in a week.
Local chanteuse Emma Shaheen was due to play support, but sadly has had to pull out. Luckily the lovely Steph Stephenson has stepped in. We heard Steph play at LeeSun's album launch and have had her on our wish list for LAAH every since: Welsh:Guyanan but with a Southern accent and a Northern heart, Steph started writing songs at the age of 14, ever since she picked up her sister's Fender Telecaster. Since then she's bagged herself a Philosophy degree and gigged all over West Yorkshire and beyond (even in Peru & Ecuador).
Tickets £5 advance, more on the door
More information at http://www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.