San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To finish our 2013 run of gigs in style we are excited to welcome Chris T-T back to Live At All Hallows, following release of his ninth album "The Bear" on 7th October.
Chris T-T is a Brighton based singer song writer but he used to live just around the corner from All Hallows back in his student days. Chris's work has ranged from the deeply political protest album "9 red songs" to the introspective "Love Is Not Rescue" and the beautifully odd "Disobedience" (an album of A A Milne poetry set to music). He played for us in April 12 as part of his "Chris T-T sings Jeremy Clarkson to Sleep Tour" and we jumped at the chance to bring him back with his first album of news songs since 2010.
Emerging from roots in late 90s lo-fi and psych-folk, Chris first gained acclaim for sarcastic, city-obsessed urban folk. More recently he has developed into an influential figure of UK song; crossing barriers between punk, psych-pop and English folk, inspiring a generation of successful home-grown artists. He's worked with more famous people than we can possibly list here; plus he writes a regular article for the Morning Star as well as for other publications and websites.
We like to think that anyone who sits with a copy of the Morning Star in one hand and a book of A A Milne poetry in the other is probably on our wavelength. :-)
Support from Paul Morricone, core member of local self-managed rock legends The Scaramanga Six, bringing us a solo acoustic set. Often behind the camera these days directing music videos for arists such as The Pigeon Detectives, Nitin Sawhney and Graham Coxon, Paul comes highly recommended by Chris and is excited to be playing for us.
Tickets £6.50 advance £8 on the door
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.