The class is suitable for all levels, including beginners with no real cake decorating knowledge. The class is set in a relaxed environment, where there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions. The class will be held in my house, where Carts of Cakes kitchen is based.
In this class you will learn:
- How to use colour and store sugar paste and fondant
- How to model characters out of sugar paste and fondant
- What type of icing, tools and ediable pastes to use
- How to do different effects and textures to fondant/ sugar paste icing
- Tips on the best tools & supplies to use
- How to prepare and cover a small cake with buttercream, marzipan & in fondant to achieve a smooth professional finish
- Helpful advice on how to improve your decorating skills further after the class
At the end of the class you will go home with
- A 6inch Christmas Fruit Cake that you have decorated.
- the knowledge of how to re-create the Christmas Cake at home
- Recipe for the Christmas Cake and vanilla buttercream
- Information packs and links to the tools and ingredients used on the day
- A free gift e.g. edible glue or glitter dust
All of the cakes, icing, and tools will be supplied by Carts of Cakes on the day; however, please bring with you:
- A packed lunch (tea, coffee and pastries provided)
- A note pad and pen if you wish to take some notes during the session
- A camera if you wish to take pictures of the process
How to Get Here
The nearest train stations to Temple Herdewyke is Banbury or Leamington Spa. If coming by train I can arrange a pick up from the station half an hour before the class is due to start, as buses do not run to the village.
If you are travelling by car, there is plenty of parking behind my house. Please park responsibly not to block any other cars.